Chapter 3

I bolted awake by the sound of thunder. It was raining really hard. I couldn’t get back to sleep with the noise. It was too loud.

I got out of bed and settled on the chair by my study table. I turned my laptop on and went on facebook. I had a friend request. It was Logan. I clicked confirm and refreshed the page. The second the page stopped loading, Logan messaged me.

Hey. Why are you still up? Couldn’t sleep?

Yeah. It’s too loud. I so hate thunder and lightning.

Sounds like someone’s a scaredy-cat. :P

HEY! I am not.

Well, what have we got here? In denial alert.

I hate you.

Love you too. ;)

Whatever. What are you doing up?

I have something to finish.

Uh huh. What is it then?

It’s classified.

Ah, I see, I see. Well, don’t let me get away with what you’re doing.

You don’t have to be too considerate, you know.

Noted.

Hey, what’s your mobile number?

Not telling you. It’s ‘classified.’

Ha-ha. Very funny. I’m serious. What is it?

Not going to tell you.

Well, have it your way then.

Oh, trust me, I will.

Why did Logan seem different online than in person? I was just teasing him. He didn’t even try harder to get my number. Maybe I was wrong about him. Maybe he wasn’t really interested in me. The thought was depressing. I shook my head to stop thinking about it.

My phone buzzed. I reached for it on the table. It was a message from an unknown number. I opened the message.

M&Ms

A one word message. What did it mean? Who was it from? I didn’t reply but I didn’t delete it either. My chat bar beeped. A message from Logan.

Want some M&Ms?

You texted me?

Oh you received it.

How did you get my number?

I told you, I have access to the school’s computer system. I typed in your name and it showed up your details. Oh and by the way, you didn’t tell me you were a straight-A student.

I forgot about that! I face-palmed myself. If he had access to my details, then he would find out...

Blimey Charlie! You got kicked out of 3 schools?!

Ugh! I slapped myself mentally. I should have just given him my number then he wouldn’t have to access my details from the school’s computer system. Me and my stupidity. I was so dumb. What would he think of me now? I hoped the school didn’t have the details on why I got kicked out of those schools. Because if they did, I would die in humiliation.

Breaking and entering. Hacking into a school’s computer system and producing a chemical bomb? Is this for real? Did you actually do those things?