Chapter Two

Hey guys!

So here's the second chapter and it's dedicated to ZoeCrew for her cover that she made me which you can see at the top!

Credit must be given to my amazing editor sinkingsmile for her hard work! And the incredible patience she must have in order to get through all of my mistakes!! Thank you so much!

Remember folks, feedback is appreciated!

Sophie :) x

---------

"So your dad's here." Ilena said as soon as I sat down next to her. Andrei, Sanda, and Lucas joined us a few seconds later, their trays full of raw meat.

The whole myth about us only drinking blood was just that; a myth. We didn't need food to survive but it could distract us enough that we could go for another day without paying the donors a visit.

There were many myths about our kind, made up over the years, that were very untrue. We could easily attend church if we wanted to, although most of us didn't. We found the sun uncomfortable and if we stayed out in it too long we would burn, but we wouldn't die... It was just uncomfortable. The garlic thing was one of the more ridiculous ones, I personally loved garlic.

There were also countless preposterous theories on how us vampires could be killed. And we couldn't be, not really. We'd never been alive to begin with. However, to stop us from existing you didn't need to possess a stake, holy water or anything along those lines. You just had to be able to tear our heads off. Simple, right?

"Wait that scary army guy is your dad?" Andrei spluttered, nearly spitting out the blood he was drinking. "Like, the guy who gave you half of your genes?" I grimaced at the sight of his blood bag, I prefered my blood warm and from the source but everyone had their preferences. Ilena gave me a sympathetic look.

Ilena Balaur and I had been friends ever since we'd met in our first year at Northride. She'd just arrived had been crying whilst clinging to her mother, Princess Katerina Balaur, who was sixth in line for the throne. She just hadn't been able to understand why her parents had wanted to abandon her. I'd stormed up to them, pulled her away from her mother and given her some of my sweets. Ever since then we'd been inseparable.

"Yeah that's him alright." I muttered as I stabbed my food a bit more aggressively than was required. "One of the best warriors out there, and don't I know it." I grumbled as I continued sawing vigorously at my food. I didn't stop until Ilena placed her hand over mine, stilling my actions. Only then did I realise that I had actually cut through my meat, the plate, the tray and was starting to make a dent in the table.

"Well it's no wonder you can throw such a good right hook. It's literally in your blood to be a fighter." Lucas muttered as he held a bag of frozen peas to his swollen eye. He and I had been sparring partners in our last class and he took my abuse like a champ. He'd hardly complained at all, even after I'd kicked him in the stomach, nearly broken his wrist and given him a black eye. Of course, I'd only gotten a nod from my father as I took down a guy double my height and probably weight. But I'd been expecting that kind of reaction...or lack of.

"You're not born a fighter, you become one through sacrifices." I snapped, repeating my father's words from when I'd been five and had asked him why he'd always left my mum and I.

"What did you make of Tomescu juniour?" Lucas asked me, "He wasn't quite what I was picturing."

Everyone looked confused. The stapinator's didn't really follow much of the gossip that us doime spread, although every now and again there would be something that would spike their interests.