• 2 •

*Beep beep beep*

    My alarm clock goes off and I check to see the time. It's 5:00 AM and I need to get ready. I walked to the bathroom. I got my toothbrush and toothpaste and started brushing my teeth. I took off my pajamas and turned on the water in the shower. It took my almost 40 minutes to shower and shave my legs. I got out of the shower and wrapped a fluffy towel around my body.

    I exited the bathroom and got out some underwear from my drawer and put it on. I went over to my closet to pick out something to wear. My eyes widened as I saw my favorite black and white long sleeved crop top. I picked that out for the top and settled on some skinny jeans to wear. My light blue  high top converse completed my outfit.

    I glanced at the clock and it read 6:12. Great! I still had 18 minutes till everyone else wakes up. I went into the bathroom to do my hair. I took it out of the braid it was currently in. My medium length black hair was styled into a high bun. I tied a red ribbon around it for more color. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I loved why I saw. My admiration was cut short due to my brother yelling at my through the door to get in. I put all of my hair supplies up and quickly got out of the bathroom.

    My phone started buzzing and I read a message from my best friend, Sydney. She actually woke up early and remembered that I had school today. I grabbed my phone and put in my earbuds. While about to walk out my room, I grabbed my backpack that was sitting in the corner of my room. I made my way to the kitchen to grab a cereal bar for breakfast.

"Are you going to only eat that for breakfast?" I took out my earbuds and turned around and noticed my mom in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Um yes I guess so," I responded, checking the time.
My mom walked over to me, "Okay. Do you want me to drive you to school?"

"No I'm good I think I'll just walk there," I walked out the kitchen and my mom followed me out. I saw my dad about to walk out the front door.

"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure," I said annoyed.
"Well since you're walking you need to walk with your brother," she said and I heavily sighed.

"Why do I have to walk with him? I can get there on my own," I put in one earbud and started my music. As on cue my brother, Kalin came walking out from his room.

"You're only 16. Your brother is 17. You're too young Cayla," my mom said while handing my brother a cereal bar. "Now go or you're gonna be late on your first day." I put in my other earbud and turned up my music.

"Bye mom," Kalin and I said in unison. We walked out the door and headed for school. I opened my breakfast and took a bite. This was gonna be a long walk.

___________________________

A/N sorry this chapter is so short! X