[Chapter 2] Ritsu

As the tears dripped down my face, I heard the door open. I quickly wiped the tears away and washed my face. Urgh it was Takano. The last person I wanted to see to now was him, let alone talk to him.
.
As I rubbed my eyes from tears, Takano hugged me from behind. He smelt of tobacco and soap. "Ritsu... are you crying?"
.
W-what. How did he know...?
.
"Crying? Why would I be doing that?! I have nothing to cry over. Now please get off me before someone sees."I snapped. Takano released me, his face showing obvious hurt. He ran his right hand through his hair and winced. Maybe he forgot about his wrist, which was wrapped in a bandage and reeked of ointment.
.
I splashed some water on my face again and began to leave. Takano grabbed my hand and pulled me back. His face was barely inches from mine. My eyes widened as I tried to push him away. But he was too strong. I shut my eyes and looked down, I could feel tears burning at the side of my eyes. Suddenly, he loosen his grip and let his hand slide down to his side. Takano's face was grim.
.
"Sorry.. you.. should get back to work..."
.
That's strange, I've never heard Takano say those words before... I thought. My heart was still thumping in my chest as I saw Takano walk out the door. Despite the scart thumping, I could feel like my heart was torn apart. ..no that wasn't it. It was more like I was almost hoping for something.. I wonder what it is...
.
I walked back to my desk and I saw Yokozawa holding Takano's wrist. "I'm fine!"I could hear him say, "it's not like I broke my wrist or anything!" I could feel my teeth clenching. My heart had this pain again. I couldn't make sense of it.
.
After work, I saw Yokozawa and Takano together again. This time they were discussing about the upcoming holiday, Valentine's day.
.
"Oi, Takano. What are you doing next Saturday?" "I dunno. Probably gonna go through some manuscripts and stuff..." I knew what was coming next. Yokozawa was going to ask him out on Valentine's Day. I smashed my fist against the wall, making Yokozawa and Takano turn and look at me.
.
"H-huh? I thought I saw the fly somewhere around here!"I exclaimed. "I'm sorry, my mistake! Excuse me.."
.
Why am I so frustrated? I don't understand myself! Yokozawa and Takano are going out, we've established that! Despite that thought, my heart ached. It longed for something. Takano made me have these mixed feelings that confused me. I probably should stay away from him...
.
As I turned the key to the door of my apartment, the door nextdoor flew open and Takano rushed out. He was panting. His chest rose and fell at an incredible speed as he looked worriedly at me. "Onodera you're finally back. I wanna tell you something."
.
I pushed him away. "There's nothing to say. I know you two are going out. I'm fine, I don't even care." I pushed open the door and walked in. Takano pulled me into his arms and hugged me. "W-what are you doing?!" "I love you Ritsu," I could feel his breath on my neck. It sent shivers down my spine.
.
Pushing Takano away, I looked down. "Look, I don't know what you're thinking but stop. It's a burden! You're a burden! Please stop this. I'm amazed at how you're able to do this even though you're dating someone! It's impossible!" I yelled, my chest tightened at every word I yelled out at him. The hurt look on his face made it even worse.
.
I slammed the door in his face and turned, slumped against the door and finally let them out, soaking my sleeve which was covering my eyes the entire time...