[Chapter 1] Ritsu

I walked down the hall to Emerald as I nervously twisted my hands together. It was the end of the cycle and that meant the entire publishing dying from exhaustion. And I would have to deal with Takano trying to jump at me again.
.
I turned at the corner and heard laughing. It sounded like Takano. I hid behind a pile of manga and peeked. I know, eavesdropping is bad but I'm curious. As I scanned the room for Takano, I saw Yokozawa laughing with Takano. They were laughing while holding cans of coffee.
.
That's when I caught myself. What was I doing, spying on Takano? I definitely did not like him. So why did it feel like my heart was crushed when I saw Takano with Yokozawa?
.
I stood up and brushed myself. Just then, a co-worker bumped into me. He just had to hit my shoulder while I was standing near a pile of books. Soon, I went crashing into them and I could see copies of the latest manga flying everywhere. But the strange thing was, it didn't hurt.
.
I opened my eyes and found myself lying on top of Takano. "T-Takano! I-I'm so sorry!"I apologized and immediately got off him. I could see Yokozawa rushing over to him and helping him up. My nails dug into my bag as Takano thanked Yokozawa.
.
"Are you alright, Masamune?"asked Yokozawa. Takano craddled his right wrist gently and nodded. Despite that, I could see him wincing in pain. He looked at me with worry in his eyes. "Onodera.. are you-"he began. "Yeah, yeah... I'm fine."I responded quickly. "I'm sorry again...."
.
Spinning around, I dropped my bag off at my desk and ran to the bathroom. Tears burned at the back of my eyes and my chest was hurting. I just don't get it. I don't like Takano! I don't like him!! Yet.... my heart hurts. It feels as if someone had taken it and punched it and stepped on it before putting it back into my chest.
.
I clenched my fists and let the tears fall. If I had no feelings for Takano... why did it hurt this much to see him injured because of me? Why is this guilt so heavy? It feels like a burden. And why did Yokozawa make me feel angry? Why did I have to feel this confused and scared? Why?