Color

Sunshine "Sunny" Jenkins isn't know for short skirts and pom-poms. She's known for kicking back with the guys and her 65 mile per hour pitch in hardball. She's known Abernathy "Abbey" Von Griffith since they were about six or seven, and has always been best friends with him.

Abbey is far from your normal teenaged boy. Hes sixteen, and a high school graduate. His IQ is high enough for him to be considered a genius, and every college wants him. Except, Abbey isn't interested. He's already decided what he's going to do career wise. He's going to be a mortician. From cremation, to reconstructing a body part, Abbey can do it as easy as a musician plays violin. Which, by the way, happens to be yet another one of his talents. His foster mother owns a chain of one of America's most recognized mortuaries. People come from all over the world to have Abbey and his team of coroner's on hand with their deceased loved one(s). But, there are a few things Abbey hasn't shared with Sunny.

Abbey was abused. Horribly. By, his biological parents, who were also morticians. Needles, and heated metal tools. Flames and knives. It turned him into a sadist.

Worst of all, his eyes were damaged in the torture....

Abbey is color blind, and can only determine colors by the distinct detail of an object. But, Sunny knows neither of those things.

Until the day she asks him to watch fireworks with him at the fair, and an encounter with a woman at a local 7-11.

Abbey's tortured past is now present, and both Sunny and him are in danger. Abbey's mother wants revenge. And, Abbey's about to find the meaning of what it's like to see Red.