Chapter 25

Allie Nicole has spent a lot of time with us. We've learned a lot about her. Her honesty. The sass she holds and how polite she tries her best to be. She's a lovely young women. Shannon thinks so too.

Rose,Rosie,Shannon and I went out to the bar the other night. Rose and Rosie got wasted and wandered out of the bar when we weren't looking. They didn't drive so we ended up wandering around looking for hours. Unable to get an answer on the phone from either of them. We began getting worried by the hour. We even went back to the bar to check there. So of course we called the other girls to keep an eye out to tell us if she ends up with them. Allie,being Allie drove all night. She called us to see how long they've been gone,ect. Eventually she found them at a Gas station a while down from the bar trying to find a phone from someone to call us. Their phones were dead. Allie brought them back home and took care of the drunken messes until we had gotten home. Even when she hardly knew them.

So you can say,our friends are pretty fond of her.

She's coming over today to help me unpack. Shannon has to go to something for Steph.

After Allie has helped unpacked and we went and got lunch I had dropped her off somewhere close to home. She wouldn't let me go TO it. Which was a bit strange but I just let it go. To ask questions later.

"Wow,you girls got a lot done." Shannon called out opening the door and putting down her purse

"Yeah,we took more selfies than anything though. There's just so many picture frames here to pretend to be a picture in."

She giggled at my goofy comment. (But completely valid)

"You're already picture perfect baby."

I got butterflies from her again. I had wondered if they'd ever die,but she just keeps feeding them.

"By the way babe,Steph said she hadn't meant Allie yet. I was thinking maybe we could..."

"We are not setting them on a double date Shannon Nicole."

"But they'd be so cute together! Come oooon. They won't even realize it's a date. Cause we'll be there. It be a secret double date in disguise."

"Why can't we through a little get together and they meet? Besides Allie is 16."

"Who is very mature and has an I.D. saying otherwise?"

"Alright alright. I'll think about it. Just because we haven't had a date night."

"Yes yes yes! I'm setting up my little girl with someone amazing."

"Your little girl? Do we even know if Allie is gay? And why is she yours?"

"Cause I'm the only mature adult friend. I'm the "mom" friend to everyone. So she's mine. Plus I'm her favorite. Why would you even think she was striaght?"

"I'm dying. The way you care for her is precious. But she did talk to me about an old boyfriend."

"Fuck,figure out then double date?"

"Then double date."

I continued unpacking and packing. Breaking my back.

I wasn't sure what I was carrying,only that it was heavy. My fingertips were sliding off the cardboard and I was unable to get a firm grip. As the tips of my fingers have left the cardboard Shannon had grabbed it,saving it ' and my toes.

"Don't over do it love bug. You've done this all day. Let's take brake."

She grabbed my hand and took me to the car. Opened the door for me as she's always done and got into the car. She puts the key in the ignition and is on her way.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know yet,it's a suprise to both of us."

We knotted our fingers together watching the road come at us like a treadmill. Passing by shops restaurants and bars. I kept wondering where we'd stop,but didn't ask. After all,I don't think it mattered. All that matters is I'm going with her.

We parked at this tiny place. I wasn't sure what it was,I've never been before now. I went to open the door but Shannon had stopped me.

"No,stay here. I have more suprises." She smiled and ran in before I could say anything.

She came out with a paper bag, I didn't know what was inside. She told me not to ask. I'd fined out.

I didn't even realize where we were. I felt stupid. I didn't know until we got right up on it we were at our place. Our special bridge. This time she actually let me out and I walked over and sat on it. Letting my legs hang,and my eyes wonder.

She had sat next to me and pulled out a slightly melted ice cream,and another for herself.

"You said we hadn't had a date night in awhile and you've been so stressed lately. Thought I'd give you something peaceful. The ice cream is to make you feel sweet again."

I told her this was perfec. It was the break I needed. We had sat there eating ice cream (that tasted almost as good as her) watching by far the prettiest sunset I had ever seen.

It was like an oil painting. Purple was evenly spread horizontally at the top of the sky and faded into pink as your eyes gazed down. The pink faded into rose petals laying across the sky,and underneath that was a bright tangerine. All the colors mixing and the streaks from the paint brush by the unknown painter was ustonishing. I've never seen one like it again.

When the sun set started to grow more dull I had asked Shannon how she new about the ice cream shop. So I did.

"Well,one drunk night Vanessa and I were just walking the streets and wanted something sweet. We staggered our way in there. It's the best ice cream I've ever had. I don't eat it often though. I think it's special,like this place. Like you. It's not something you want to ruin by having too much or showing it to everyone. Somethings are just your thing. I guess I'm just too indie or something."

"No shan. I get it. It's cute."

We had picked up our trash and went to the car. She got a cover from the back and put it over me. I fell asleep not even halfway home. Which was fine. Because I woke up in bed in her arms. She had carried me to bed,and walked into my dreams that night.