No Place Is As Good As Home

Zacznij od początku

Shaking the thought off – because it was ridiculous, really – she replied in a whisper, "Well, they're one of the few people who know we aren't. I don't mind people thinking we're a couple because I'm sure you'd make a nice girlfriend but I don't want them to call us a couple, too. Leigh and Jesy as well as our families should know the truth about us."

"So what is the truth?" Perrie asked her and put her hip to the sink. "About us, I mean."

It was quiet for a few seconds except for the cutlery Jade put into the dishwasher carefully. She was thinking about what to answer because what was the truth? She didn't even know herself. Well, she knew what she wanted but she had no idea what Perrie wanted or what she was expecting to hear from her now. Without lifting her head she replied, "Whatever feels right, isn't it? We're not anything, really, I think. Maybe... friends with benefits." She tried not to purse her lips at the words because that was definitely not what Jade wanted. But how on earth would she tell Perrie what she was feeling towards her? Probably always had been?

That realisation hit her like a truck. The reason why this whole thing had never bothered her as much as Perrie, why she had fallen so quickly was that she hadn't fallen quickly at all.

Over the past four years in which she had known Perrie she had always liked her and she wouldn't say that she had liked Perrie better than Jesy and Leigh-Anne but it had always been... a bit different. After all was it Perrie she had moved in with and not one of the other girls.

Her relationship with Sam had been nice but it hadn't given her what she wanted out of a relationship. She did love him, she was sure of it, but it always felt like something had been missing and she could never really put her finger on it.

"Jade?" The blonde's voice rang through her head and snapping her head up she blinked heavily. She had been so absorbed in her own thoughts that she had completely forgotten she had been engaged in a conversation with Perrie just a few seconds ago.

"Uh, sorry, zoned out," she told her and tried to shake those thoughts off. They weren't meant to be thought about now in the presence of Perrie. "What'd you say?"

Perrie looked at her for a few seconds and licked her lips before nodding her head slowly, "I said friends with benefits sounds about what we are, doesn't it? With what we do and what we mean about it. Like, it doesn't really mean much, does it?"

"No..." Jade replied as she put some more dishes away to avoid looking at the blonde. Now that she felt like she had been hit by a truck she didn't really know how to act. It was bad enough that she had realised that she had fallen in love with Perrie, but now that she acknowledged for how long she had been it was just... the sensation of it all was just too overwhelming.

"Are you okay?" Perrie asked her worriedly and reached out a hand to touch Jade's shoulder but the brunette subconsciously flinched.

"Uh, yeah, sorry," she told her and rubbed at her temple exasperatedly. "I just feel a little uneasy at the moment."

"Can I do anything to help?" The blonde asked cheekily and giggled.

Biting her lip to avoid moaning she shook her head, "No, I think I just had too much lasagne. My stomach hurts a little so I'm gonna go to the toilet later, I bet it'll be alright."

In that moment Perrie's mother shouted for her and it was almost like they were teenagers again except that Jade hadn't known her back then. She wondered what it would have been like if they had met in High School or earlier on, had become friends and then went to the audition together, as a duet, maybe as a couple – but no, Perrie was straight... but then again, why did she do the things she did? Why did she kiss Jade, why did she make out with her, why did she have sex with her?