Perrie pursed her lips and looked away awkwardly. "Well, it's just – because. Well, we've been sharing a bed for quite a bit now and, like, I don't know. I guess I expected us to continue this here but of course we wouldn't because the hotel room was kind of only because Clark told us to get a room with only one bed so we didn't really have a choice. But here we can have our own space. I get it and I was silly to simply... I don't know."

Jade looked at her stunned for a few seconds because as much as she probably should have expected this, she never in a million years would have. After a few awkwardly silent seconds the only thing she managed to speak was a quiet, "oh."

"And now I've made it uncomfortable," Perrie sighed and looked at the pizza she was holding in her right hand. "It was stupid of me to assume and I get that you need your space after all this closeness lately."

"No, that's not it," Jade replied and set her food on the plates. Wiping her palms against her thighs she spoke with so much strength in her voice that Perrie couldn't help but look up even though she had wanted to avoid Jade's stare. "I just thought that's what you wanted. That's why I suggested you go to your own room. The last few weeks have been very hectic for you, even more for you than me or Jesy and Leigh-Anne. The four of us have been practically living inside of each other's pockets and I just thought you might want to think about everything for a bit."

Perrie was surprised but didn't avert her eyes. "That might sound like I'm a coward but in all honesty, I don't want to be alone. I don't want to think about everything that's happened. I don't want to think about Zayn and why or how he broke up with me and I don't want to think about him at all. If I'm let alone I know I will think about him, about us and about you and I and how weird everything's become. Truth is, I like your company and the girls' because you make me feel safe and like I needn't worry about yesterday and tomorrow, just this minute I'm currently living in. With you I don't have to worry because I just live."

The heart within Jade's chest was beating heavily and although she didn't quite understand what exactly Perrie was trying to say, she felt somewhat relieved. She made Perrie feel safe and like she didn't have to worry – those words definitely didn't hurt her ego.

"I just want to live in the moment right now and do what feels right. Is it weird what I'm saying? I don't really make sense."

"No, no, it's fine," Jade smiled at her. "I'm just... surprised, is all. I didn't know that's the way you felt."

Perrie shrugged and smiled nervously as she ate another chip. "I'm really thankful you understand."

Jade nodded and then picked up her pizza slice again. "How about today is a Netflix and chill day and we just stay in bed all day? You can pick the room," Jade laughed and felt her insides relax – she hadn't even noticed how tense she had been until now.

Perrie grinned and stuffed three chips into her mouth at the same time, "Sounds like my kind of date."

Jade was shocked for a second but quickly plastered on a smile as she took a bite off her pizza – she had surely misheard Perrie and the blonde had surely said 'my kind of day'.

Nothing to freak about, Thirlwall, she thought to herself as the two of them leant back against the headboard of Perrie's bed and turned on the TV.

***

"You fell asleep."

"That's the point."

"Wake up, I'm bored."

"Go watch another movie," Jade yawned and kept her face hidden in the pillow. "'m still tired."

"C'mon," Perrie whined and shook Jade's shoulder neither lightly nor really aggressively. "It's four AM and I can't sleep because of the damn jet lag. How can you sleep?"