Cold but Golden

Harry's P.O.V.

It's absolutely freezing; I'm not quite sure what I'm doing walking to Y/N's old flat in the rain when I could've just used my car. But then I remind myself of the point I have to make.

Recently, things hadn't been going too well and she had apparently been doubting my love for her, according to Niall who had overheard her on the phone to her friend.

I do love her and I need her to know that I'd risk anything for her. Rain pelting down on me was hardly much of a start, but twenty minutes in and I was sure I'd catch a cold.

I pulled my jacket closer to me for warmth, even though it was soaking wet through and I sighed, finally reaching Y/N's old home and knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" She called through the door and I smiled slightly, knowing she was cautious when it came to answering the door late at night.

"It's me, your fiancé, can you please let me in?" I called back, blinking as the rain fell onto my face, blocking some of my vision.

"What are you doing here? How did you know I was here?" She questioned, upon opening the door.

Her eyes were slightly red and she was dressed in my T-shirt and a pair of her pyjama pants.

Whenever she changed into her pyjamas, she'd have a shower first, meaning she must have washed away her tears in there, causing the feeling of regret to sink in.

"Niall told me he overheard you saying you'd be here. I've just come back from promotion, Y/N and if he hadn't have told me, I wouldn't have known you'd left our home to come here." I stated, slightly angry, but mostly worried.

I stepped in, shutting the door behind me as she stood in front of me, looking lost and hurt.

Had I done this?

"I have my reasons for being here." She said, quietly.

"So, tell me, when I got back, would you have come home or stayed here?" I asked and she sighed, shaking her head.

She turned away and started walking towards the bedroom and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Where are you going?" I asked, heading to follow her.

"Don't come in here! Your soaking," she groaned and I looked to the floor to see that it was wet.

I sighed, another problem I had caused her. Even though it was a wet floor, I couldn't seem to make her happy lately.

I hadn't spend hardly any time with her for two weeks before and had been out with friends or doing other things instead, but I hadn't meant to leave her out. I honestly just struggle with multitasking, I can't ever seem to keep everyone happy at once. But I was wrong; I had left her for interviews and promotion for another week and she had every right to want to leave.

"Here," she muttered, coming back into the hallway where I stood, shivering.

"Thank you." I mumbled, taking the towel from her and drying my hair.

"Get yourself dry and then we'll talk." She said, handing me my pair of jogging bottoms and a T-shirt that I had left behind.

I stood in my place, peeling myself from my jacket and skinny jeans - with difficulty - before finally taking my T-shirt and socks off.