Chapter 6

Jane pov...
I get home and start watching TV. I suddenly realise that Casey doesn't know about the baby but a few other people do. I don't know how long it will be until it spreads that I am pregnant.

I just sit there thinking about how to tell him when I get an email as they show up on my phone. I check it and it's from Casey saying he wants to talk tomorrow night.
I knew I needed to talk to him but I didn't know it would be this soon and what do I say.

The next morning...
I go into work and we get a new case, I am on desk duty so I have to stay working at my desk but for lunch I go down to Maura's office to talk.
She says "what's wrong?"
I tell her "I have to tell Casey about the baby but I don't know how"
She smiles and says "it's alright Jane you have time to think you don't have to talk to him yet".
I smile and say "actually he want to talk on Skype tonight"
She says "I'm sure you'll figure it out".

Frost walks in and says "Jane, Cavanaugh is looking for you"
I nods and say "see you later Maura, bye Frost"

I walk back to the bullpen and Cavanaugh calls me into his office. He tells me I know you are on desk duty but I need you to go work on a case for Homeland  Security I nod and he says "I don't know much as it's highly classified but you have been asked for and will be leaving tomorrow, say all your goodbyes tonight as you leave to go the Washington DC tomorrow morning"
I nod and say "ok, how long will I be gone?"
He says "I don't know anywhere from a week to four months, it will depend on how long this takes and your condition being pregnant and all"
I nod and he says "you can go now detective, good luck and see you when you return".

I go back to my desk and put all the important things that I want to take in a pile ready for me to take home. Korsak walks over and asks "what is going on Jane and why is Frankie being temporarily placed in the unit for an unknown amount of time?"
"Umm... I have to go away for a while"
Before he can say anything else Cavanaugh and Frankie walk in and Cavanaugh says "attention everyone, I know you all know Frankie Rizzoli but starting now he will be replacing Jane Rizzoli while she is away working on a confidential case she has been requested for"
Korsak looks and me and I shrug and then say "I just found out, I am traveling to my new location tomorrow morning"
I say bye to everyone in the bullpen before going back down to see Maura.

When I get to Maura she asks "what did Cavanaugh want?"
I say "Um... Well... I just got put a new case"
She asks "what case?"
I tell her "I don't really know, I found out tomorrow when I get there"
She is confused and asks "get where?"
I look around before saying "Washington DC"
"Since when do you work there" she says.
"Since I was requested for a confidential case that I move there for" I explain.
She nods and says "okay then, how long are you gone?"
"I don't know" I say
"What do you mean you don't know Jane" she asks.
"It depends on however long it takes, it could be anywhere from 1 week to 4 months" I tell her
"When do you leave?" She then asks.
"My flight is tomorrow morning" I tell her.
"We could have a small going away party tonight" she suggests.
"I have the talk with Casey and need to pack some things, anyway there's no point I could be back in a week anyway"
"Alright then, is there anything you need me to do?" She asks
"Can you look after Jo Friday and collect any mail I might get"
"Of course I will"
We continue talking for a while and say goodbye to each other before I go home.