+ the 6 with my birthday +

Start from the beginning

"Can someone kill this"—Lance whacked the air—"...stupid fly!"

His head kept spinning as Price watched him with a deadpanned face. "Do not ask, Archer. He would keep the fly as a pet." Lance stopped moving and laughed. "Like he did with Lance." Lance dropped his smile and narrowed his eyes.

Archer darkened his gaze at his friends and I quickly took the opportunity to shove a mouthful of blood pudding. "Mhmmm. Taste good?" I asked. He spat it out, red goop landing beside my black pumps. "Do ya mind? I actually worked to steal these shoes!"

His torso still facing the boys, I picked a McMaggot off the tray and waved it in his face. "Here. Eat this. At least it's already dead so ya don't gotta worry about kill'in it."

Lance chuckled. "Kill'in it."

I used my hand to make a gun and put it to Lance's head. "Bam!" He made a girly scream and dropped dead, tongue hanging out before laughing again. Price even cracked a smile.

Archer's fist smacked the table and immediately we froze.

The soft patter of flats made their way over. "Isn't this the freak of freaks." Faith held both hands in front of her, dazzling us with a beauty pageant smile. Her boyfriend shoved his hands in his varsity jacket pockets and Hope stood quietly next to her.

"Forgive me for my rudeness," Faith continued. "Why"—she smirked to her friends—"I should've greeted our new friends to our prestigious school!" She nodded towards the boys. "I hope your stay at Villain Academy is well."

"Our stay?" Lance glanced over the group with a smile and sipped on his milkshake. "You make it sound like we're in a hotel."

"You practically are."

He put his cup down. Faith kept her smile as she spoke. "They say crazy people don't admit they're crazy." The cafeteria chatter blurred out and a tension was built around the table.

She set down one hand in front of me. "As a matter of fact, Miss V. I don't think you're crazy at all. You put on this performance to hide your healthy state of mind. Everyone knows you're aren't a villain if you're sane." She pointed a finger around the group and whispered. "You're all guilty of sanity. The school can sense it."

She lifted her hands off the table, and Hope passed her a handkerchief. She wiped her fingers clean and that loveable smile returned. "Enjoy your stay at Villain Academy, gentlemen." She tossed the handkerchief on my tray and sauntered off with the rest of Glamourous league.

Silence hung over our heads. Lance sucked on his straw, the noise chipping away at the block of tension. "Who put the broomstick up her ass?"

"Probably her mother," I offered and shoved a spoonful of blood pudding into my mouth. It tasted sour.

Price remained expressionless as he watched Archer stand, his chair legs scraping back. "I have work," he grunted and left.

+++

My eyes clicked into place; gaze held for no more than sixty seconds before locking onto the next little black hand.

Twelve o'clock.

The outside of my body cooled while my mind burned with speed, ticking faster than the clock on the wall. Ticking like it was in a rush, voices swimming next to images as I drifted down a river of memories. Images and voices bobbing up and down; between a clear sense and blurry thoughts; drowning in these fragments of past times until I dropped into this calm pond of consciousness where one memory made sense.