A Rose

Robin- Dick Grayson

It had been about three months after you joined the team of sidekicks or ex sidekicks, as they like to be told. You were a sidekick for Captain Atom. See, you can create F/C energy blasts from any part of your of your body, mainly from your hands. You can also fly and teleport.

You walked into the cave. Everyone looked at you as the female, robotic voice said "Starburst B-01."

"Hey Y/N!" Robin called out, rubbing the back of his neck. You giggled slightly, seeing as he has been acting nervous and anxious for the past few weeks. You had the slightest crush on him but you thought that he liked the Bitch, Zatana.

"Hey Rob." You called back with a Slight wave. He smiled nervously and you gave another little giggle. You caught Zatana doing an eye roll, and you scowled.

M'gann flew over to you, startling you. "Sheesh M'gann, you could give someone a heart attack." You said putting your hand over your heart. She laughed and offered you a cookie. You gladly excepted and ate it. 'Boy she's a good cook.' You thought. You walked to the room you were staying at and on the table, was a single rose.

You looked around. Then you walked up to the beautiful red rose. There was a white card with neat hand writing saying :

Dear Y/N,

Since you joined I have been crushing on you. From Your beautiful H/C hair to your sparkling E/C eyes. I love you. I wish I had the courage to tell you this in person.

Love, your secret admirer.

You gasped a little as you read the note. No one has ever been this kind to you. You took the note and hung it on the a board of your most important pictures, notes and letters.

You then picked up the delicate flower and smelled the sweet smell. You heard a knock on the door and whirled around to see Wally.

"Hey beautiful." Wally said with a smirk. He was always flirting with you but you knew he had a crush on Artemis.

"Hey West." You greeted. You always like calling him by his last name.

"Nice rose." He said with an evil smile. You looked down and saw that you were still holding it. "Thanks. I wish I knew who gave it to me." You said back with a sad smile.

He used his speed to run over to you. "I know who sent it." He said with a smirk. You raised an eyebrow. "Robin." Then he was gone in a flash. You blushed madly. 'Boy Wonder had a crush on you' You thought.

You walked out of your room with the rose and headed straight for the lounge. Inside was Artemis, M'gann, Super Boy and Robin. 'Robin' You thought as you walked up to the couch and sat down next to him.

"Hey Rob." You said with a slight blush. He smiled nervously. "Hey." Was all he said, trying to avoid your eyes. "Did you send this?" You blurted out quietly, as you held up the rose. He looked at it then stared at the ground. "Y-yes." He said nervously, even stuttering. You smiled, not even noticing that you were blushing.

You grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the lounge, not even noticing that Artemis and Miss Martian was laughing and whispering about you two. And how Super Boy was just smirking.

You brought him back to your room. You had no idea why but you did. You looked at him with such admiration. You finally had courage. You picked up his chin and lightly pressed your lips to his. His mask widened in shock and surprisement. He kissed back completely. He pushed your back against the wall, but still held onto your waist, pressing you even closer to him. Your fingers were going through his hair.

Your lips moved in sync. After about a minute he backed away, looking for breath. You both breathed heavily, catching your breath. After you both calmed down, you smiled at him.

"Y/N L/N, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked you. You squealed in excitement like a girl getting asked to a dance. "Yes. Yes. Yes." You yelled quietly. You hugged him and he hugged back.

And this was all because of a single, beautiful rose.