Miss Boss

If Oak was any concerned, Delia strangely wasn't after the initial announcement. But Ash had been as closest to what he had to a daughter, and he'd watched over her as she had grown up and made him proud as she traveled each region and made herself a name in each and every one.

So while he'd been initially worried about Giovanni calling him and informing him and Delia that he was accompanying Ash on her journey through Kalos, he hadn't been too suspicious or worried. Minus those troublesome rumors amongst the Kanto gym leaders and Elite Four of Giovanni being the boss of Team Rocket (he doesn't believe those rumors...sometimes), Giovanni was a strong battler, wealthy, and all in all would be an ideal traveling companion to take care of someone as troublesome and problem-magnet as Ash.

But then Ash sent that ridiculous email to him, along with a...small addendum that she was married. To Giovanni.

"She's probably joking around," Delia said wisely. "Although I hope the marriage part is true," she sighed happily. "This Giovanni seems like such a capable man, and everything I envisioned for my daughter! I'm so glad my daughter managed to snatch such a perfect man! Rich, influential, and handsome!"

Oak stared at her strangely as she giggled, but shook his head. She was right. Ash was probably joking around, thinking she was funny. He sighed to himself and set up the tea. As he did so, he waited for it to boil and decided they needed some noise. So he turned on the TV, and shuffled over to his little stove to take the tea kettle off when it started to whistle loudly. After that, he poured the tea into two cups for himself and for Delia and they sat in front of each other at the table that was in front of the TV.

"Today, we have news of an amazing, crazy chase all the way over in Kalos! In an unprecedented move, a duo of Team Flare agents performed an ingenious heist at one of Kalos' premiere banks, complete with car chases, paint guns, live guns, and paint bombs! There are even witnesses reporting that Blaziken Mask and his compatriot, an unusual pokémon that resembles a Blaziken, appear at the scene! More on this after the break."

So...they looked at each other, cups to their lips, before simultaneously sighing and going on to drink their tea in faux peace.

"I really do hope Ash at least managed to frame Team Flare correctly," Oak grumbled.

"I'm sure she covered her tracks," Delia reassured him. "Knowing her, she's got it all covered. And since she has that handsome, intelligent fellow with her, I'm sure he's got her back and covered what she didn't."

He'd been hoping that Giovanni would have prevented her from getting into these kind of hijinks, not get pulled into it with her. Then again, maybe with those Rocket rumors, he'd been more prone to encouraging her than telling her no.

"I really hope she is married though," Delia beamed.

Oak rolled his eyes. "What does it say that these kind of things aren't really that surprising any more, when it comes to Ash?"

"That it's just become the usual and expected of her?"

"Right, yeah, of course."

"It's our Ash," Delia shrugged.

He nodded, laughing lightly. "That damn girl. Going to give us heart attacks every time she goes to another region."

Said girl was currently whooping in delight, as she and Giovanni rushed away in their getaway car. Giovanni was equally feeling on a high, and watching his wife in reverence and lust.

"That was fantastic," he purred, watching her with dark eyes.

Glancing back at him, instead of sticking her tongue at him like he expected her to do, she just grinned roguishly and winked.