Chapter 8

Riven's POV:
"Okay, so, do you have any ideas of where Skylar might be?" Nathan asks me as he puts a chip in his mouth.

"Natasha says that the Redroom was in Russia when she was there so I think it's there but S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't want to charge blindly into a place until they know for certain." I say with a sigh. Nathan nods and puts another chip in his mouth. The sound of running footsteps alerts us and we look at the door in time to see SB running in with a crazed look on her face. She's holding grapes in her hand and she throws one at Nathan.

"GENETICALLY ENGINEERED GRAPES!" She yells at the top of her lungs as she throws it at him and one at me. The grape hits Nathan in the face but I catch the one that was coming at me in my hand. I crush it in my hand and SB's eyes open wide. I give her a glare.

"Oh sh-" she starts but then turns on her heels and runs out the door. Cry appears at the door shortly after out of breath.

"Sorry about her. She was drinking way too many Monsters and was eating these really sweet grapes which she thought was unnatural for them to be so sweet. So, yeah, that's why she came in her yelling like that.did that thing by coming in here and yelling that. Sorry." She says and runs after SB.

"STORM BLUE! GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" Cry yells.

Nathan turns to me. "Ugh. Why do I have to like a girl that's so crazy?"

I smirk. "I guess girls like that are attractive to you."

"Sometimes I wish they weren't."

I chuckle and Nathan sighs. "Well, I've got to catch a wild Storm Blue. Night, man. Try to sleep well. I know it's probably hard to since Skylar's gone." He says.

"Yeah. It is. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Later." Nathan jogs out the door in the direction SB and Cry went. I put the chips back in the pantry and head upstairs to my room.

☒☒☒☒☒☒☒
(A/N: I just wanted to say that I found this song called: I Met A Girl by William Michael Morgan. I just felt like this song relates SO much to what Riven thinks of Skylar. I couldn't help but mention it.)

Riven's dream:
I sway back and forth to the music. My favorite song is playing while all of my friends stand around me mingling with each other. Suddenly everything starts to melt away and all I see is Skylar walking towards me in a long, flowing white dress. Her golden hair is wavy instead of straight like it usually is. She looks beautiful. We are surrounded by whiteness and she puts one of her hands on my shoulder. Her other hand holds my hand. I put my free hand on her waist and we start to slow dance. She puts her head on my chest and sighs. We stay like this for a while longer until one of her hands finds their way behind my neck. She looks up at me and pulls my head down to where our faces are centimeters apart. "Sky-" I begin but before I could say anything she locks her lips with mine.