Chapter 4

Riven's POV:

I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. I can't sleep knowing Skylar is out there being tortured. It pains me just to think about it. I've fallen for her. Hard. I roll over on my side and check my alarm clock.

10:45 p.m.

I sigh and roll over on my back and rub my hands down my face. I can't sleep like this. I roll out of bed and walk over to Skylar's room. The door opens silently and I step inside. Her scent is still lingering in the room. On her bed, around her desk, everywhere. I lay on her bed and close my eyes. I take in a deep breath and look out her window which is slightly tinted, which reminds me of an idea Skylar convinced Fury to do to the penthouse. Skylar and a few other techy people here at Headquarters, made the windows to where you could control how tinted they are by a remote. She usually keeps her's slightly tinted because she likes to look out at the New York City scape in the distance.

"It's beautiful." She said. "The way the buildings look against the sunset."

She is extremely smart and she knows that, but she doesn't know how talented and beautiful she is. She's just like the New York City scape against the sunset, beautiful. I take her necklace in my hand and drift off to sleep.