Chapter One: My Lord....

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, once again. Have a splendid day."

"You too lass."

Akia walked out the cottage and speed walked further into the woods. It wasn't long until Akia spotted the huge wooden wheel that was placed in a huge pond.

The brick walls of the cottage was covered in vines and moss. The fog around the cottage disappears slowly as Akia stopped in front of the wooden door that hovered the most moss.

Akia knocked on it twice. "I am here to receive some rags. I was sent by Martha."

The door slowly creaks open; revealing a small child with blonde hair and blue eyes. "You are friends with Martha."

Akia nod. "Yes."

The girl smiled. "Usually grandmother does not have many friends. Please come in." She said politely as she moved aside.

Akia walked in slowly, unsure of what to do.

Her stomach growled once more when the smell of fresh baked bread went through Akia nostrils.

"Are you hungry?" The girl asked.

Akia shook her head. "No. I must get back quickly."

"Oh, well here's your rags." The girl went to the back room and brought out five rags that is folded neatly.

"Thank you." Akia grabbed the rags in her hand and held it against her stomach. "What is your name?"

"Mary."

"Well Mary I am Akia. Hopefully I will see you again."

Mary smiled. "You will. Have a splendid day."

Akia bowed to the young lady before walking out the cottage and towards the woods where the path starts off again.

But before she step on the dirt road that was created carriages and horse stomping their feet; Akia stumbled. Weakness in her knees made her drop the clean rags.

Galloping was heard from afar as Akia tried to collect the rags in her hand.

"Are you all right?" A deep voice said.

Akia looked up from the ground to see a fine gentleman on his black horse. Akia stood up quickly, not caring about her horrible headache.

"Yes."

"What is your name?" The gentleman looked down at the young maid. Observing her beauty.

"Akia."

"Akia? Where are you from, Akia?"

"Angola, a country in Africa. My home land."

"Hmm." He hummed. "What are you doing out here in these woods?"

"To receive rags." Akia lifted up the rags to show him, but her stomach protested and shot pain through her body.

Akia hissed. Which made the gentleman hop off his horse and walked to Akia.

Akia looked up to his face. His green eyes burned into her face as well. His hair moved to the small breeze, his stubble gives off a tough deamnor. His stance spelled out power.

"You look ill." He spoke.

Akia let out the breath she did not know she was holding. "I am fine. I must leave." She did not move. Akia was to afraid she will fall and embarrass herself in front of this fine gentleman.

"Walk." He demanded.

Akia gulped and looked down at her feet. "I-I can not sir."

"Why not?"

"I um- I have no reasoning."

"Then walk."

Akia took a step to the side, but stopped. Her head pounded against her skull, her stomach growled and her knees buckled beneath her. Just in time the gentleman catches Akia in his arms.

Akia looked up at the fine man as he slowly became blurry until it went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Akia flutter her eyes open to see the sun shining on a large painting of the fine gentleman. She slowly sat up and looked around the large and foreign room; to realize she is in a royal room, on their comfy bed.

The red silky sheets wrapped around her body like a cloud.

"Where am I?" She thought as she looked around some more.

"Good, you are finally awake." Lady Adorn said as she walked through the door with a tray of fresh bread, cooked duck, fruit and clean water.

"What happened?"

"You fainted. In front of the King."

Akia's eyes widened. "King?" Akia sat up fully so her feet was dangling on the large bed.

Lady adorn put the tray beside Akia before huffing. "You embarrassed yourself. You better pray he doesn't punish you for being a fool."

"Punish me?" Akia grasped in fear. "Please Lady Adorn, please don't let the king harm me. It was a mistake, I didn-"

"Is she awake?" The King barged into the room with a concerned look on his face.

Lady adorn bowed to him. "Yes, My Lord."

"Good." The King walked to Akia; eyeing her to make sure she doesn't faint again. "Leave us." He ordered.

Lady Adorn stood up and looked at the young servant. "My Lord, she has to fulfill her dut-"

"Don't you see she is ill!" He interrupted before turning to the older woman with a glare. "Leave. Us." He said through gritted teeth.

Lady Adorn scurried out the room while shutting the large door behind her.

Akia gulped and bowed her head in a sign of respect for her new king. "My lord, I am terrible sorry for this morning."

"Why are you sorry? You feel ill. You should eat, your stomach kept growling as I carried you to my chambers."

"Carried me?" Akia mumbled in disbelief. "I must leave."

"You must eat first. I will not let you leave without anything in your stomach."

Akia took the bread. "After I eat the bread, I must leave. My Lord."

He nod. "As long as you have something in your stomach."

Akia took a piece of bread and put it in her mouth. The King kept looking her; watching her eat the bread.

When he first saw Akia, he thought she was another peasant girl. But up close, he was captured by her beauty. Her obedience was still rocky, but it's nothing he can't fix.

Akia was was finally done eating the bread, but she didn't stop there. Akia grabbed a piece of roasted duck and shoved it into her mouth; not caring that she in the king's presence.

She kept shoving food into her mouth until she was full and exhausted. "I must leave. My Lord." She stand up on her feet and grabbed the empty tray.

"Theo. My name is Theo."

"Goodbye, my lord." Akia bowed before walking to the closed door. She opened it and walked out.

King Theo smirked. "She must be mine."