Ninth Disturbance

Ninth Disturbance

_________________________

Zarth drove around the city while thinking hard where Lucy might have run off to, he was really worried about her, and he was a bit guilty too. Even though, Lucy only said those things to her parents, he also felt that pang of hurt when she did. He too, always presumed that Lucy can handle everything just because she was...well, Lucy! The strong-willed half-angel, half-devil he first met on the alley.

Now he knew, that not just because she was a half demon, she couldn't feel hurt, pain, sadness and loneliness. She was actually very fragile within, and that inside the tough exterior Lucy shows, hiding is a lonely being who only wished to belong somewhere. He never thought that Lucy was that lonely, but he'll never allow her to be lonely anymore, he could be with her. He was willing to listen to everything.

Would you really be? the back of his mind asked which caught him off-guard. He admits, he was one of the many who feared Lucy because of her being a half demon, he always carried that thought, that's why he never bothered to see right through her. He was guilty of neglecting Lucy's feelings. A drop of tear rolled from Zarth's eyes, as he gripped the motorcycle handle hard and sped off.

"Just come back to me Luce...and I'll never let you go again"

***

"Lucy?" a voice called out from behind, it was Zarth's sister. Rin.

"Big sister Rin!" Lucy stood up surprised

"What are you doing here? And why are you so drenched?" Rin asked worriedly as she opened her bag to get a dry coat from it and wrapped it around Lucy. Lucy thanked her but suddenly out of nowhere she sneezed. That's when Xavier stood up and motioned to her.

"You better get home Lucy, you'll get sick if you stay in your drenched clothes" he said in his usual bored tone. "I'll be off then too"

"Oh, yeah... Thanks Xavier" Lucy replied in a sad tone but she smiled nonetheless as she handed him his umbrella. She didn't really want to go home yet.

"Don't mention it" Xavier nodded. He was a bit unsure whether to leave Lucy with the woman who arrived but he couldn't risk his cover. And the longer he stayed with the halfling, the more she might suspect that he isn't human. He'll befriend her gradually to earn her trust. Afterall, he was there for her to choose the right path.

Lucy smiled at she waved goodbye to Xavier.

"Ready to go home?" Rin smiled at Lucy

"Home huh? I'm not quite sure where that is" she mused but she kept silent.

"Is everything okay Lucy?" Rin asked, Sadness was clearly seen through Lucy's eyes right now.

"Can I...Can I stay with you for a while?" Lucy then asked and with an understanding nod and an amiable smile Rin nodded.