Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

I was glad when Ryder moved on from the slightly morbid topic of laws and punishments and onto the topics of wolves in today's generation. Ryder had explained to me about how wolves were everywhere; in schools, in law enforcement, in governments- everywhere. They had to be so they could manipulate facts to stop people from finding out. It dawned on me how I could've been speaking to a wolf and not know it.  However, some people did find out and rather than telling everyone, they have the intention of eradicating Ryder's kind- hunters.

There was a wolf council, much to my surprise, where wolves with high power, but not necessarily Alphas, dealt with packs everywhere. There were six councillors in the world. Each one lived in a different continent and regulated within those continents. It was their duty to make sure no wars are started and that Alphas would  remain in line. I gulped at the thought of the supreme power they must have held.  Only six in the world and they came together once a year.

"Sorry Luna!" A boy no older than fifteen rushed out with a flustered look and pink cheeks. I realised that whilst thinking about my Luna training the past couple of weeks, I wasn't looking where I was going. He looked at the ground with a very nervous glance thinking I would reprimand him.

"It's ok, I should be apologising since it was my fault." I smiled at him not letting him argue back to say it was his fault. "Oh and please call me Tessa, Luna is too formal."  I could see the relief in his eyes and his shoulders slightly relax.

"Oh o-ok thank you L-Tessa" he anxiously said and rushed off before I could ask his name. I smiled slightly, but then frowned, hopefully he was the only one who was afraid of me and I wouldn't have to tell nervous pack members that I won't bite them when they're near me.

I didn't know why he was so nervous, he had more of a chance to defeat me than I him. Sure with all the training I have been undergoing I would be able to hold him off for a while, but sooner or later he would be able to break my defences. I glanced back in the direction the boy left in and shook my head smiling.

***

Ryder and I were currently in his car on our way to the Dawn Pack. They were the neighbouring pack and Ryder was going there to see if they know anything to do with the rogues and also make them an ally. With danger lurking around the corner it seemed sensible to have some form of back up.

I was going with him as part of my training. It would be my first time talking to non-pack members and I was quite nervous. glancing through the corner of my eyes, I could see Ryder's focused gaze on the road as he swiftly manoeuvred the car. He seemed calm unlike me, but Ryder has been to more of these meetings than I have.

"Stop worrying, you'll be fine." A low growl broke me out of my thoughts, and I jumped slightly when his hand squeezed mine gently. I looked around and didn't even realise we had already approached our destination.  Smiling at Ryder warmly, I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out of the car; Ryder mirroring my movements.

The Dawn Pack's pack house was similar to ours, their one, however, had trees surrounding it. It hadn't occurred to me that their pack house was deep in the woods in their territory; they didn't want to be found. It was no wonder they were known for their stealth.

A man came out of the house, quite big and muscular, but not as much as Ryder. Though the slight ruggedness of his face suggested he was older, he still looked handsome. I stood beside Ryder, not knowing what to say or do, but the man managed to sense my lack of comfort and flashed me a friendly smile.

"Hello there you must be Luna of the Dark Moon Pack, I am Alpha Jackson of the Dawn pack." Alpha Jackson turned to Ryder and nodded, suggesting they had met prior to this day. I smiled back as to not be seen as disrespectful. He led us into the pack house, nodding at a few pack members who looked our way.