Just hearing the name of Niall made Zayn ecstatic. His stomach fluttered with joy as the smile was working across his mouth. He leaned in against Liam to hear Louis' answer just in case he mumbled again.

"It's his day off today," Louis replied without looking at Liam. He continued flipping through the pages of the same fashion magazine. "Just let the guy rest for a while. He's been scampering for us for a very long time."

"Wow, you are really in a sour mood," Liam joked, glancing between Louis and the soccer match on the TV screen. Then, he nudged Zayn beside him and whispered, "What did you say to Louis?"

"I'd rather not say before he gutted me right here." Zayn shrugged, not risking to be skinned alive by his band mate.

"Don't start me with me, Liam..." Louis threatened, still his eyes glued on the magazine.

"Wha―I'm not saying anything," Liam said, putting his hands in the air as a show of his surrendering.

Louis knew that it was wrong for him to snap at Liam who was clueless about the situation. It's just Zayn's comment was insensitive and making him want to breathe fire and directed it towards him. He slowly closed the magazine, heaving a sigh as he pushed away the negative energy within and stare at his band mates.

"As far as I know, he's with Aiden right now. I think they're buying a video camera. Apparently, Niall broke the one that Aiden was using."

Zayn was alarmed suddenly. Just the thought of Niall spending time with Aiden doesn't sit well with him.

"Well, you better call him back and tell him to go here," Zayn commanded. And once again, not filtering his thoughts has gained Zayn a weirded look from Louis.

"And why would I do that?"

"Yeah, Zayn. Why would Louis do that?" Liam questioned, turning to Zayn.

"Look, we don't know anything about this guy. What if he's some kind of a bad guy?" Zayn stated, explaining his side of things without making it too obvious that he has a hidden agenda―namely Niall Horan.

"I don't see that. Aiden looks like a good guy to me." Louis answered.

Liam nodded. "I agree with Louis. Besides, he's my workout partner."

"You don't understand my point. I'm having a bad feeling about this guy. Besides, Niall is my―" Zayn was explaining further before Louis cut him off.

"Zayn, if you dare say one more time about Niall being your little brother, I will roll this magazine and beat you with it!" Louis was not subtle about his irritation against Zayn. Not once that he believed that Zayn meant those words. Louis thought that Zayn was hiding his real feelings towards their assistant by using the brotherly love, which was totally ridiculous if you asked Louis.

Zayn opened his mouth to defend himself. But words seem to fail him as soon as he saw Louis' twitching mouth, indicating that he's not messing around, so he decided not to aggravate Louis.

"Zayn, you don't have to worry about Niall. I'm sure he can take care of himself." Liam eased his band mate. The anxiousness and fear were evident on Zayn. "Besides, they knew each other before."

"They do?" Zayn asked. Oh, this is news, for him.

"They were schoolmate way back in high school in Ireland." Liam stated.

"And also Niall's crushing on Aiden since freshman until they graduated." Louis added. "I mean, I could really see that. Aiden is really a good looking guy."

"But Niall didn't do anything about it because Aiden has a girlfriend back then." Harry said in a matter-of-fact tone after pressing the mute button on the remote.