You're kinda hot

Luke's POV

It didn't take long for me to realise that Ashton was not making an appearance within a fifty metre distance of the P.E block. Which honestly didn't surprise me. He was that kid who always seemed to have a reason why they couldn't participate, and today's lesson didn't seem to be any different. But then, it was different, as Ashton wasn't even anywhere to be seen. And that worried me. It probably shouldn't have, but it did. He, at least during the time that I had known him, had never struck me to be the most happiest person. Recently, though, he seemed so down, and I wondered what was bothering him. I had never been one to skip class, never mind a p.e class at that, which was one of the only enjoyable lessons alongside music.

There was always a first for something though. That's how I found myself sprinting out of the p.e building in search of my boyfriend. My not quite boyfriend, but pretty much my boyfriend. Where he was, I wasn't quite sure, in fact, I didn't have a clue where he might even possibly be. I knew he wouldn't hide out in the toilets because the smell of them was just about bearable while you took a piss. That left the only other options being store cupboards, or somewhere outside in the school grounds.

I headed outside and prayed that the caretaker security guys weren't walking around the perimeter of the building, in case they saw me. They weren't very good at their job though; nine times out of ten times I see them, they're sitting outside the staff room drinking coffee, so I let my guard down slightly.

For a minute, I'd pretty much forgotten why I had ventured outside in the first place, and couldn't remember why I wasn't in class. I am allowed blonde moments every once in a while. But, the reason came back to me when I found myself walking behind a metal container. Ashton.

He was sitting on the floor with his back to me, but i knew it was him, of course. I decided I would creep up on him, although I hate when people do it to myself. When you're in the position of the scarer, though, it's nothing but amusing. I went for the slow and quiet method, and hoped that he wasn't just going to turn around to face me all of a sudden, because that would just ruin everything. I approached him without him realising it, and without hesitation, I pulled at his shoulder, making him fall back slightly in his cross legged position.

'What the f-'. I'd obviously scared the living shit out of Ashton, and I couldn't suppress my laughter looking at his mildly pissed off face.

''m sorry', I tried between fits of laughter, then deciding I should keep my noise levels down, just incase anyone heard me.

'I'll get you back, Hemmings, I'll get you back'

'Anyway, now that I've found you... Where've you been? You weren't in our last lesson, and now not p.e?'

'Well you're not in p.e either'.

'Im not in p.e because I came to find you!', I whisper-shouted, stating the what I thought was the obvious.

'You shouldn't have, I know how much you like p.e'

'Yeah, well I like you more than I like p.e'. A lot more, in fact. 'Where have you been all day, Ash, just sitting here?'

He shrugged and turned to look at me. 'Well yeah, pretty much'

'Why? I missed you at lunch'. I pouted, creating a mock sad look on my face, defying the yellow smiley face that was printed onto my t shirt.

'You did? I thought Deryck would've filled my gap just fine'

'Deryck doesn't sit with us now, and you'd know that if you were being sociable today'

'What if I don't want to be sociable, Luke?', he asked, and I didn't know how to reply with a proper answer as such. Who does want to be sociable, really? It takes effort, but sometimes, that's the effort you've got to make. Otherwise, you're just going to be lonely in life.