Chapter 1

My eyes burn as i wake up. I feel my way around the blurred room, through the doorway, and into the bathroom.
I put in my contacts and brush my hair. I stare at my self.

Something is off. I grab my hair and compare lengths; they still are to my bra strap in the back. I feel around my bra; my boobs are still a B cup. My Eyebrows, my face structure, ears, thighs, calves, and anything you could think of. They all are the same as last night.

Then i look at my phone... OH! Its December 14th! IM TURNING 18 TODAY!! I dance and hop around the bathroom. Oh the thought of getting a car is too much to contain!

One of my brothers walks in, DJ, 14 and 6'1" already. Me... 5ft 9in exactly. Anyways, i stop dancing.

"Happy Birthday. Dad said he'll take you to the dealership for a car at 5." He said and he disappears into the bathroom.

I go into my older brothers room. Cole is 23, homeless, and is going to a college 15 minuets away. I draw the curtains back and open the shades. He groans and falls off the bed.

"I told you not to sleep in, Slacker. Set your alarm next time."
"Whatever, Strawberry."
"Nice comeback, did your imbecile friends teach you that or a monkey?" He gives me a sarcastic grin and i walts out of the room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" He yells. I run downstairs. Im greeted by my dad in boxers and my littlest brother, Eliot age of 10, in my old tights and a too-too.
"A, what are you wearing?" I point at my dad, "B, what are YOU wearing?"
Eliot replies with a mouth full of frosted flakes- it sounded something like this, "I booked ham Mozart cry child when a meep," I looked at him blankly, "What?"

He swallowed and said again, "I raided your closet while you where asleep. And it was a dare from my friends."
"Oh," I nodded and stopped talking to him. I snapped a quick pic of him.
"HEY!" He yelled.
I went upstairs and grabbed my dad some clothes for my dad.

I changed and threw some clothes at my dad, "Get up, get dressed, come downstairs and ill have pancakes for you and the boys. Eliot clean up the milk on the counter and put the food away."

I started making pancakes and Eliot made eggs. My three other brothers came running down the stairs. Jack, DJ, and Cole. Jack runs over to the pancake mix and i slap his hand away.

Once the pancakes are done me and my brothers eat them like a hyena eats a caracas. We laugh and eat like vacuums because, why not!  Once the clock hits 10 i do Eliot's hair and send him and DJ to Wal-mart.

"Keep the list with you AT ALL TIMES! You have just enough money to buy all of the grocery items, yes we do need ALL of them. So don't screw up," I scold. They glare and shut the door. I turn around to be greeted by Jack. He is only half a year younger than me and was adopted from Russia.

"You know you don't need to mother them, or anyone," he crosses his arms.
"Well I'm the closest thing they have to a mother and I'm pretty sure they need the push." I walk into the living room, which is about 3 steps from the door, and sit on our fake tattered leather couch. I pick up the tabby cat named Puss In Boots.

I tell my dad to take a shower and high tail it to work so he wont be late. I grab the cat and put him on the counter. I fill his bowl with some cheap cat food so he doesn't starve.

"I'm going to Mrs. Joley's house to get out weekly peaches," I yell so Dad could hear. I grab my keys and run to the car. The trip is about 15 minuets here and back.

I get back around 12 and they boys are home. The groceries are on the counter and they are watching TV. Dad is gone to work.

"Get off your lazy butts and do some homework I have to take Cole to a job interview," i scold, "i want it all done by the time i get back at around 3. If its not, you know what happens."

"Yes, mom," DJ says and rolls his eyes. I tell Cole to get in the shower and put on the suit on his bed. I make the beds while he is in the shower.

When he gets out and is dressed we made our way downtown to the bank's headquarters. While he was in the interview i ate lunch and perused the close boutiques until he texted me to pick him up.

When we where back in the car he ate some of my left over lunch. We got back to the house at 3.

"Let me see your homework," i said. They gave me the homework to check over and them to correct, "Good. You can have an extra dollar each for lunch tomorrow at school."

I turned around and headed up the stairs to make some phone calls. First to my BFF Melody; asked her for a night out and Eliot's therapist setting up a second session this weekend. He has anxiety issues.

I was usually totally booked with my job, homework, and the family, but I guess they are giving me a break. None of the clients have called me all day.

It turns 5 and I drive to pick up my dad. Its a drive of exactly 30 minuets into downtown, but its very close to the dealership. I jam out to Skillet and Alessia Cara.

I turn off the music and let my dad in the car and we make our way to the dealership. I get out of the car to be greeted by this red-headed green eyed 21 year old. He had a fake tan and freckles all over the "T-Zone". You could tell he doesn't have a girlfriend.

"Hiya! Who needs a car?" He says in an over exited voice.
"I do, i'm looking for a bigger car that has four wheel drive," i cross my arms and i'm already fed up with his attitude.
"I have just the thing," he walks to the left, "its this beautiful silver/grey land cruiser."
"How much?"
"30,000 in full or you can pay it off."
"In full, i have the money."

If you have ever played the game "Monkey Island" and gotten to the part where you buy the boat; you know the attitude this guy has.

Anyways, blah blah blah, i buy the car so on and so forth.

My dad drives his car home and im satisfied with my new landcrusier.

Then i get THE phone call, the numbers 75-42-36.
"Hello?"
"Hey! Is this Jinny?"
"Yes, and you are?"
"Oh, im sorry. Its Collin Trey, from school."
"Yeah, ok. How did you get my number?"
"Thats my business, im calling to see if you want to go to the movies with me and some of my friends? They all have dates to bring and id be a looser if i didnt have one."
"So you're just using me to look cool in front of your friends? No way." I take on the rudest tone without even knowing it, OOPS!
Collin Trey, most popular guy in school. Ive never associated with them, so you get the picture.
"Yeah ok, im sorry. But please! Ill do anything!"
The slyest smile spread from cheek to cheek, "what do you want me to do?"
"Just pretend to be my girlfriend and pretend to like it. Ill do the talking about background stuff."
"Alright," i say, "im in, ill tell you what you have to do after our 'date'"
"Great, thanks. Tomorrow night at the central square theatre. Were seeing Taken; its a horror movie,"
"Goodbye," i hang up and put him in my contacts as Babe, for the date.
"Great, just great. A horror movie. How typical of a date. Whats next? Make outs in the bathroom stalls?" I mutter. Tomorrow night is gonna be the worst night ever. Pretending to be his girlfriend? This is going to suck.

•--------------------•

Sorry if this chapter was boring. Just the intro basically! Anyways, it gets better as ya go!

Leave your comments on the dots below! Love ya'll and have a nice week!
Comments/concerns spelling errors/etc. 🔻:
💬

Updates:
Friday Every week or every other week. (Depends on homework and parents)