April Fool's

I bought Kimchee on April Fool's Day.

I have been planning to fool my husband a week before April Fool's but never really came up with any good prank.

My sister has a male shih tzu, Coco. It breaks my heart to see Coco lonely. For nine months, Coco was the center of our attention but then I noticed that Coco was always lonely. He always stayed under the couch or under the bed. Coco lost his glee and playfulness. That's when I thought of buying a dog to be Coco's mate.

My sister found Kimchee online. The puppy seller gave a huge discount that we can't resist. I was scared and worried to have a pet of my own for the very first time but when I saw three-month old Kimchee, it was puppy love at first sight.

I took a lot of photos of me and Kimchee. I posted the photos on Facebook saying, "I became a mother on April Fool's Day."

My husband was at the office when he saw my FB photos. He commented, "I can't believe you bought a dog. What n impulsive purchase."

I sent my hubby a personal message saying, "April Fool's Day!" I just took photos with the dog but I didn't buy it.

When my husband came home, he was greeted at the door by Coco and Kimchee. He was so surprised to see baby Kimchee.

"I thought you didn't buy the dog," my hubby said.

"Happy April Fool's Day times two for you. Hahaha!"

It was an impulsive purchase. I didn't ask permission from my husband when I bought Kimchee but he fell in love with her right away.

I chose the name Kimchee because my hubby is Korean. What could define Korea more than spicy yummy kimchi.