o n e

James pretty much isolated himself in his office the whole day, the occasional visitors coming in. It was his area, that he owned. It was a safe area. Going out meant he could run into Aleks, and that could lead to him being forced to make a rush choice. And he really didn't want that. He wanted Aleks, labelled as Aleks', but the only place that would be true is in the bedroom.

Time eventually passed by and before he knew it, he was at a local bar with a few of the guys. Nothing interesting going on, a bunch of people grinding or raving to the latest EDM songs that blasted through speakers that blended in with the dark lighting in the edges of the room. The kind of music that made your ears halfheartedly try to hear the person you're talking to properly, going dumb and numb as you entered the bathrooms.

But James was amused by it all. The music that played was good. No one from the sides of the place was sizing him up in seduction or in attempt to start a fight.

"So what to do first?" Joe yelled over the music. "I might just go and sit, listen to the music, y'know?"
This earned a nod from Dan who shrugged. James just wanted to sit down and have a drink, and that's what he did, excusing himself to sit at a stool at the bar, not being followed.

As he sat on the bar stool, he ordered a random cocktail, not bothering to look at the small menu board of drinks properly.

James rubbed at his side burn, looking along the wooden bar surface. Contemplating about that morning's offer. When he thought about it, it was as if he was Aleks' private escort, or even far enough to go as a whore. Which he never thought he'd label himself as. But he did want Aleks, and he did crave to see his body again and relive the night before.

James' mind was too mumbled to think, watching as the bartender performed small party drinks with the shaker, the ice making harsh and cringey sounds as it shuffled together violently.

The drink was served and James had a sip, not liking it too much but sipping anyways. He let his eyes look around, and sure enough, he wish he hadn't. To his right, in the lounge area seats, there sat Aleks with a girl next to him. They seemed to be cosy, more than friends, as he sat close to her, a hand on her goosebumped knee.

Aleks leant other and nipped his lips at the girl's ear, then whispering something. The words whispered made the girl grin a little, her cheeks a little flushed to accompany.

James frowned, shaking his head and feeling cheated. His insides burning as Aleks kissed the girl, tilting his head into the action, seemingly confident.

What would you do in that situation? James didn't know on the spot. He wasn't technically with Aleks, but he still felt cheated. Aleks wanted him, or at least his body, why would he hold that girl like that, kissing her and stroking her legs. The music and lighting making everything more intense.

James just carried on sipping his drink, not stopping himself from slowly downing the drink.

---
Ayy lmao, kinda short, oops, I'll do better next time I swear -Biggs