The One That Got Away

Gabriel Madeline has been Emily Forth's longest crush. 2 years, 4 months and 23 days of Girl crushing to be exact. Gabriel is a natural red head with heavenly green eyes. With a height of 5 feet and 9 inches it's not hard to believe that she's the captain of Santa Isabel High's Volleyball Team. Emily would always wait for Gabriel every morning at their school gate, just to greet her long time crush and tell her how beautiful the red head is. Emily's morning wouldn't be complete if she wouldn't see Gabriel's angelic and flawless face. In contrary, Gabriel find Emily as an annoying childish girl who's been stalking her since they've met. Emily, a blonde with a silvery blue eyes, 5 feet and 6 inches tall. A happy go lucky girl that brings nothing but positivity. She do everything and anything as long as it brings happiness to everyone. She loves to annoy Gabriel because deep down inside she believes that Gabriel likes her back. Emily doesn't believe in labels. She just believe that love is a feeling that everyone deserves. But for her one thing's for sure. Gabriel Madeline deserves her heart.

As soon as Emily spotted Gabriel at their school gate she excitedly greeted the love of her life. "Hey Gab! You look perfectly stunning today! Do you mind if I walk you to your class?"

"Even If I mind, you'll still do it." Gabriel answered back sounding annoyed by Emily's presence.

"Perfect!" Emily chanted happily. With a high level of annoyance Gabriel scoffed at the blue eyed girl and walked her way as fast as she could.

"Hey.. baby girl wait up!" Emily tried her best to keep up but before she can she lost the red head in a sea of students in the hallway.

It's lunch time when Emily decided to seat at her group's usual table.

"Any good news with the straight girl you've been crushing?" Diana started asking her best friend's impossible love interest.

"Well.. she didn't shout at me this morning so I think it's a plus." Emily answered wittily at her best friend's question. Emily then directed her attention to Gabriel's table. She tried to get the volleyball player's attention by waving at her frantically using both hands. Gabriel looked at Emily and just rolled her eyes. Gabriel continued to eat when she heard the most annoying voice, "Hi there.. I made you some muffins Gab. You can share this to your friends. It's 3 muffins. You know why it's 3? It symbolizes the 3 words that I feel for you." Gabriel can't take it anymore. She forcefully banged the table with her fist and stood up. "WHEN WILL YOU STOP? I TOLD YOU I'M NOT FUCKING LESBIAN!" That startled Emily making the box of muffins in her hands rolled on the floor. Gabriel somehow scared her a bit but Emily managed to hide it before anyone could see.

"Oh. You surprised me baby girl. My muffins are now crying on the floor. But.. Um.. That's alright! I'll make some more tomorrow. Don't worry." Emily tried to joke at it but deep inside Gabriel finally hurt her heart. Gabriel witnessed the hurt in Emily's eyes. The red head immediately felt guilty about it. She didn't meant to shout at Emily but knowing her parent's plan to get a divorced this morning didn't helped. It somehow fueled her anger not directly towards Emily but towards everything that's happening around her. It's just at that moment, Emily's there to catch it. Emily decided to collect the 3 muffins scattered on the floor. Gabriel kneeled down to help Emily.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for these to go to waste." Gabriel whispered.

"It's okay. Don't worry." Even with a broken heart, Emily decided to smile towards the girl of her dreams. Instead of throwing the wasted muffins, Emily decided to keep it so she can feed Perry and Stark her 2 pit bull terrier dogs with the heavenly delights when she gets home.

"When will you stop? I'm not worth it Emi." Gabriel asked Emily. Emily smiled again and said, "I wish I know Gab, so I can tell you. I'll stop when my heart stop beating for you. But right now just let me okay? I'm not asking for you to love me back. Just let me love you. That's it." Gabriel was left speechless. She felt something with those words. She's not sure of what it is but indeed she felt something. Something that she can't described in words. With that being said Emily stood up and walked out from a confused Gabriel.

The class just ended but Emily's love confession is still eating the hell out of Gabriel's mind. She can't believe that she's thinking about Emily. To ease off her mind she decided to text Simon.
Like any other day, Emily would search for Gabriel just to bid her goodbye. She asked one of Gabriel's friends to know where her crush could possibly be.
"I saw them going to the rooftop, you can check them there.." Maggie suggested.

Them? Emily thought.

"Alright! Thanks Maggie!" Emily thanked Gabriel's friend happily.

"Wait for me baby girl. I'm on my way." Emily chuckled to herself.

"Em!" Diana called her best friend's attention before Emily could ran to the stairs.

"Wait for me at the parking lot D! I just need to give Gab my sweet goodbye for this day!"

"Ugh. Suit yourself! I'll meet you in your car!"

"Alright!" Emily excitedly went to the rooftop to see Gabriel one last time this day. Little did she know that this goodbye would be a lot different.

Emily was about to open the door when she heard a lot of shuffling noises. In a small glass opening at the center of the door she saw a guy hovering Gabriel's almost half naked body. The guy was fucking the love of her life. The girl that she was crushing for more than two years is now fucking somebody else in front of her. She covered her mouth with the palm of her hand to muffle the eminent sobbed that's threatening to be released. Emily wanted to run but her whole body froze at the sight. She felt her heart being shattered into million pieces. She can't breath. She can't move. She can't do anything. The box of muffins once again slip from her grasp. The faint sound somehow made Gabriel and Simon stop. Emily was able to regain her strength and hurriedly went downstairs. Away from Gabriel. Away from the most heart breaking scene of her life. Gabriel pushed Simon away. She buttoned her blouse and straightened her skirt. She made her way to the door to check for somebody's presence. She didn't see anyone, but she saw the familiar muffins at the ground. Gabriel felt a stabbed-like pain in her heart. She knew Emily was able to witness what she did. She knew Emily was there. She knew it was Emily. But what she doesn't understand is why she's feeling what she's feeling. She felt guilty. She felt she hurt someone who doesn't deserved to be hurt. She hurriedly went to go after Emily. She doesn't know why but she did. Then she saw Emily dusting her knees. Emily stumbled her way down as she ran away from Gabriel. With hot tears free flowing on Emily's eyes. She heard Gabriel whispered her name.

"Emi.. I'm.. I.. please.. can you look.. look at me." Gabriel pleaded for Emily's attention. She doesn't know what to say. All she know is she want to see Emily's smile again. She wanted to hear Emily's voice. She wanted to see the usual playfulness on Emily's eyes. Emily stood straight up and stared at Gabriel's eyes intently. With a blood shot eyes Emily made her way to close the gap between her and Gabriel's. Without any words Emily held Gabriel's face and kissed her. Gabriel froze. Before the red head can reciprocate Emily pulled away.

"Thank you. Now, I can stop." With that, Emily left Gabriel.