The Threat

Starla's POV

"Alex, may I please take a shower?" I asked as we went back into the pack house.

"You don't need permission, Star. Remember, you're free now. There's a bathroom right in my room. I'll have Scarlett bring in some clothes."

I smiled small. "Thank you, Alex."

I slowly went to the room that was familiar to me. It's we're I woke up. I took my time getting into the shower, and when I did, it was amazing.

In my old pack we didn't have showers like this. If we had a shower at all, it would always be cold and dirty. Not appealing at all.

When I got out there were clothes there waiting for me. I looked them over and smiled small. It was black sweatpants and a gray t shirt. I'm not a big jeans person. I like sweatpants and stretchy pants. I learned this because in my old pack, when I had to run, jeans weren't exactly the best to run in. But sticking by Alex's side makes me feel safer. Like it doesn't matter who I'm around, as long as he's there, I won't get hurt. My wolf loved his presence and craved it. I think it's because my wolf hasn't been shown so much positive attention in her whole life.

When I got out of the bathroom I saw Alex laying on his bed, throwing a basketball up and down... With no shirt on... Only boxers...

I know I shouldn't be looking, but my heart was beating so hard, it's all I could do. He sensed me there and his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as he got up, his muscles moving with him. His six pack... Lets just say, it was to die for. "Are you ok, Star? Do you need something?"

I took a deep breath and looked down. "Nothing."

"Starla," he forced me to look him in the eyes.

"Alex, go put a shirt on. I can't concentrate while you're... Like this..."

Then Alex seemed to understand then and chuckled. "Ok Star."

Then he threw on a plain black shirt. "So, you want to sleep in here? I can sleep on the couch."

"No, no. This bed is huge. I don't want to kick you to the couch. Just sleep on the bed with me," and as soon as it came out of my mouth, I blushed deep deep red. "I... I mean, if that's ok with you... I could always take the couch, or-"

"Star. Relax," he smiled warmly at me. "We can both sleep on the bed. It's ok."

I smiled small. "Ok."

Alex's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I felt something in my arms. Something warm and small. My wolf growled in appreciation. When I opened my eyes, I saw Star in my arms, my arms around her waist. Her small hands rested on my chest as she laid on top of me. Her head was on the top of my chest as she breathed slowly and peacefully. My feet fell at my knees. I smiled and my wolf was more content then it ever has been. Then, the emergency sirens went off and she sprung up in alert. I got up at the same time, pulling her behind me. "Listen, you stay here. I'll send Scarlett in here in as soon as possible. Don't move," I told her as I rushed out the door, throwing on some shorts in the process. "What's going on?" I asked Jason, looking around the room at everyone. The men were either going outside to see what's up or around me to wait for directions. The women and kids were going into their rooms.

"The front gate. Someone got in... We don't know who but we don't smell rouge," he answered.

"Ok. You, Adam, and I are going to check the nearby woods. Kelvin and Will, run the perimeter. Josh and Eric, run the closer perimeter. Everyone else, check around the gate openings. Jason, go tell Scarlett to go into my room and make sure Star is ok. Meet me and Adam out in the woods after. Go," I said, running with Adam to the woods as everyone split up.

Man, I hope Star is ok...