The Alpha's Mate?

I ran. Ran fast. I can't go back... Not for anything. If I do... I'll regret it. I just know it.  

You see, I don't come from the best place. Strike that. I come from hell. At least that's what it seems like. To tell my story, I'll start from the beginning. I was born to this pack... One that wasn't the nicest. They abused the women and the girls. Men came first, no matter what. They were the strong ones, the ones who "protected" us. In reality, they were abusive and hurt all of us. And me, being the only girl out of a family of 5 kids... Lets just say I was abused, a lot. Both by my older brothers and my father. It was terrible. So... As I got older, I realized that what they were doing wasn't right. From the time I was nine, I had planned on getting out. I tried it once, and... Well, I still have a scar on my stomach from it.... And my mother, well, she didn't help. Not one bit. You see, all women were lower, but women with a partner, or a mate, gets treated better. A mate is... Well, I never figured it out. They didn't include women much in the knowledge department. Just the need to know.  

So now, here I am. At seventeen, escaping. Right now, I'm running in my wolf form through the forest as far away from my old pack as possible. And man, I couldn't get far enough. I've been running for at least a week now and now not eating or drinking anything is finally kicking in. Starting to slow down, slowly my vision completely went crazy. I couldn't see straight and soon... I completely blacked out...

Alex's POV

Running around the perimeter of our land, I smelled something... It was so breathe taking. So sweet, but calming at the same time. It was inviting, and my instincts didn't give me any choice but to follow it.  

I ran for a couple miles until the smell was all around me. My wolf was going crazy. Finally, I saw her.  

She wasn't dressed, and she looked fainted. Quickly, I went back to my human form and put my shirt on her, while I got my pants on. She was so beautiful. She had long wavy brown hair and olive skin. She was extremely tiny. No more than 5 foot and lesson than 95 pounds. She looked sick, but still unbelievably beautiful.  

'Mate.' My wolf said, growling in content as I pulled her safely in my arms.  

She was my mate. My soulmate. I was destined to protect and care for her. She's my Luna. My alpha female.