Forever Mine Chapter 31

Start from the beginning

And just like that, we were.

*

It wasn’t like I was skipping class. I was in my free period, just like Serena, who was bouncing along beside me. Fred and George were off somewhere, probably working on Wheezes. She was trying to be as chipper as possible. To be honest it was kind of disturbing but what ever made her happy… -er. We were planning on going down to the lake to get some fresh air but before we could get out of the big oak doors Serena and I were stopped by an incredibly annoying ‘ahem.’ We turned slowly and looked at Professor Umbridge standing there, pink bow and all. “Where are you two going?” she asked in a high-pitched voice worthy of a school girl. Hell, worthy of Serena.

Serena crossed her arms. “To the lake, professor.” She said. Umbridge glared.

“Don’t take that tone with me. Both of you come on.”

Serena and I exchanged glances but followed her up to her office. I wanted to throw up all over thos stupid little kittens, meowing at me. Serena tried to hide her giggles, even though we were in trouble. I covered a laugh with a sneeze. But Umbridge just calmly and primly walked over to her desk and picked up two very creepy looking quills. I just then noticed two desks conveniently placed in front of her fireplace. “Persephone, you have a very terrible reputation and Ms. Knight, I dislike your attitude very much. You will both be doing lines for me.” She motioned to the desks and Serena gave me an annoyed look. We both sat and pieces of parchment appeared in front of us. “Ms. Tate, I would like you to write ‘I will not cause trouble.’ And Ms. Knight; ‘I will not sass my professors.’” Serena looked at me and I shrugged back at her. Umbridge sat the quills in front of us. “Begin.”

I frowned. “There’s no ink.”

“You don’t need any.” She said, suddenly kind. I scowled at her but began anyway.  

I was on my third line when a terrible pain shot through my hand. Serena gasped and clung to her right hand, dropping the quill. I examined my hand carefully. There on my hand in my neat writing; “I will not cause trouble.” I stared up at Umbridge, who smiled down at us both. “You two will write until I feel you’ve learned your lesson.”

*

Serena and I walked into the Gryffindor common room and half hour later, our hands bleeding. Mine was wrapped in a handkerchief and Serena was dabbing at hers with her robes. I slumped down on the couch and she sat next to me. “The old bat!” I muttered, looking down at the blood-stained cloth.

“What you doing?” a voice startled me and I jumped, looking at Fred and George. I hadn’t noticed them sitting in two chairs across the room. They both stood and walked over, George avoiding Serena’s blushing as she stood and hurried up to the girl’s dormitories.

“Nothing.” I said, placing my hand gingerly on the arm of the couch. But Fred grabbed it and I winced.

“What happened?” George asked as Fred unwrapped the handkerchief. I sighed.

“Umbridge.”

The redheaded twins read the writing on my hand. “She did this to you?” I nodded. Fred looked at me, mutinous. “I’m going to kill her!” He jumped up, George right behind him.

“No, don’t!” I cried. “I don’t want to give in to her stupid games. She’s just waiting for me to tell.” They looked at me like I was crazy but they sat down again. 

                                                                                         *

(This part is a mix of two stories, Forever Mine (obviously) and Opposites Attract by Avilisaxcdx1997!!! So yeah!)