Prologue: Open Your Eyes

Y/N's POV:

The fight was almost done. I was sure of it. The White Lady was standing in front of us, her face hidden from sight behind the white hood that rolled lightly over her head. Her cape followed the motion, making her look strong and majestic, as well as unpredictable and lifeless. My anger burned with the blood that ran from the various scratches, gashes, and stabs that pricked my skin and ran along my face.
I can feel my muscles twitching and screaming to stop, but I refuse. I refuse for the others that I have lost. My friends, my family. Ninja moves forward slowly, but then starts running. I follow behind him despite the pain. Then I find that there was still that burning desire to find out who it was that I was fighting. And who it was that had killed everyone. I knew this person, and they knew me, but I couldn't remember who they were. The fight turned to nothing but a blur of blades, a flurry of screams and a storm of hurt. But I had to fight harder. Ninja was thrown to the ground. I realized it was up to me. "I won't let you down," I said breathlessly. I ran at her, screaming with all the strength I had left, with all the fire I could muster. I felt the lion in my heart come alive and willed it to give me the power I needed to defeat this monster with no more losses of life.
But soon, I was on the ground too. I felt the coldness of it all seeped into my skin and through my bloodstreams. I swallowed hard and fought to get myself up from where I lay. "Oh, look at this...," the White Lady said, flashing a sharp smile at me. I glared at her, wishing that she would burst into flames. "The little kitten here thinks she has a chance against the wolves. How about we get her out of the way and on the road to a new life, shall we!?"
She pulled out a sword, the reflection of my terrified gaze portray to my eyes. W-wait... I can't die now! I panicked and started to push myself to my knees, feeling my bones start to hurt from the effort. Something hard kicked me in the side and sent me back onto my side, holding my stomach and shuddering, barely able to keep awake. Warm blood flooded my mouth and I spat it out onto the ground. My vision was growing blurry and the sounds around me were echoey and seemed far away.
As the White Lady hovered the blade over my rib cage, I closed my eyes and let them enclose me into the darkness, waiting for no more pain. No more suffering. Just release.
"No! You won't touch her! You won't!!" I was awoken again by Ninja's wild and protective cry. He stood defensively in front of me. And in front of him, the White Lady stood there, her face stained in a posture that told me she was in pain. But then it was twisted into a smile and she vanished into white blur, laughter escaping and dying away.
I struggled to lift myself off my stomach and my blurred vision saw Ninja, standing there. "Ninja? You ok?" I got up on my knees and placed a shaky hand on his shoulder, dull pain crackling up my arm. As my fingers touched him, he gasped and fell backwards in my arms.
"Ninja?" No... No! Please, I can't do this! Not another one!! Please, God, no! I held him. Lose and tightly, tears just on the verge of dropping down. He can't die! He's the Ninja... right? Or is he human... just like the rest of us? I looked around, dried blood clasping against the side of my face. The White Lady was gone. I looked back at Ninja. His eyes were closed. I pressed my ear to his chest. A dying, echoing heartbeat pounded lightly against his ribs. This was it. "Ninja...? Ninja!?" I shouted, shaking my head and narrowing my eyes. I wasn't going to let him leave without saying goodbye, at least. "Come on! Open your eyes! Please... I need you!"
And then I woke up in the darkness of the night, the moon and stars were the only source of light around me.

To Be Continued In The Last...