Mind Trouble | Chapter 34

|I know I said there would be smut in this chapter but I had to write this. Next chapter ;) btw here is a sad song to listen while you're reading this. I'll tell you when you shall play it.|

EMMA'S POV

"Emma... we have a surprise for you."

"Mom, you know I'm not a fan of surprises."

"Just follow me upstairs." she said and I looked at Killian, asking him if he could go with me. In case things went how it wasn't supposed to, he would be there.

My father followed behind us with Neal in his arms too.

As we walked through the long corridors, flashes of memories crossed my mind.

I've been here once, when we fell into Jefferson's hat.

It was all destroyed at that time. All dark.

"We've been trying to fix the castle while you were at the hospital... We still have a lot to do."

Of course there was a lot to do. As we walked, I could see rooms all destroyed, some with actual people improving the walls' blue, some bringing new furniture,... destroyed rooms that hadn't been touched yet and rooms which were already finished and ready to be used.

But something was tormenting me.

I knew this corridor.

"Whe-Where are we going?" I said and stopped walking making everyone stop and look at me.

I looked at my mom and she quickly understood I knew what was going on.

"Emma... it was supposed to be yours. It is yours. Last time you were here, it was painful because it was all destroyed- Emma, I wanna enter that room and think that... after all we've been through, we are back and all together again."

Killian didn't know what was going on for sure, but he squeezed my hand and never moved his eyes away from me.

I nodded and we kept walking.

A wooden door was waiting for us.

Instead of opening the door, my mother stood next to it, waiting for me to open it.

I sighed and walked to the front of the door, never leaving Killian's hand.

|You can now play the song to read this|

My hand touched the knob and I forced it to the left, letting it go and opening itself.

I looked at all that I could have had and smiled.

I let go of Killian's hand and walked inside.

On my way to the ruined crib there was a small teddy bear fallen on the floor. I caught it in my hands and looked at it, tears threatening me.

It had only one ear, his buttoned eyes falling of it and its arm and stomach opened with polyester fiber.

On his back was written Mr. Bockles.

"Mommy look at Mr. Bockles! He's drinking tea with me!"

The vision of a 5-years-old blondie with a cute white gown, sitting on the floor with her teddy bear sitting on her lap and a small tea cup on her small hand came into my mind.

This never happened. I never got to show my parents Mr. Bockles drinking tea. No. I got into a wardrobe and lived with lots of children stealing my meals and bullying me.

I swallowed hard.

"Emma-" I heard my father.

"I'm fine." I said not even bothering to look at him and walked to the crib.