Girl Meets Master Plan

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Maya's behind me, isn't she?" Cory asked, "Why is everybody always behind me?" I stifled a giggle. "Okay, Maya, I'm not going to turn around because I'm all embarrassed, but you know how much I like your mother." Cory said. "I know you do. You always defend her." Maya said. "Now that I think about it when was a time you didn't defend her?" I asked. "Oh, hey Dylan. I defend people. It's just what I do. Because at least your mother is no-" Cory began. "No, everything's fine! Stop talking." Topanga ordered.

"Shawn's mother! What a cuckoo. Ah,it's Tuesday! I better run away!" Cory said, laughing, "You have to laugh, huh, Topanga?" Topanga gave Cory a look. "Nice face." He commented. "You want to turn around or you want me to turn you around?" Topanga asked. "How you doin', Shawn?" Cory asked, figuring out Shawn was here. "Well, it ain't Tuesday, so pretty good." Shawn answered. Cory turned around.

"Shawny!" He shouted. Cory and Shawn shared a bro-hug. "Ah! How you doin', buddy?" Cory asked. "Just here doing a photo essay "Weekends in New York for under $100." It's impossible. Can I stay here?" Shawn answered. "We found him on the couch." I said, cheerfully. "Can we keep him?" Riley asked. "Wait a minute. Who let you in?" Topanga asked. "I have a key." Shawn answered. "You gave him a key?" Topanga asked Cory. "Fine, I'll give you a key." Cory asked. I raised my eyebrows. "You didn't give your own wife a key?" I questioned. "You love me!" Topanga shouted. "I do love you. You have the key to my heart." Cory told her. I resisted the urge to Aw!

Riley, Maya, and I sat next to Shawn on the couch. "So who has the key to your heart?" Riley asked. "Yeah, you ever been in love or what?" Maya asked. "Ever felt like nothing else mattered when you were with this person?" I questioned. "Angela time?" Shawn asked Topanga and Cory. "Seems unavoidable." Topanga told him. "Angela," Riley began. "Spill it." I finished. "Yeah, was she all tortured poet-wanderer?" Maya asked. "You know. A female-you type?" I asked. "You guys want to know how they fell in love?" Cory asked. "He went through her purse." Topanga said. "What?" Riley asked.

"I can explain that." Shawn told us. "Girls, trust us, it was very romantic in high school." Topanga told us. "Going through a woman's purse? That's romantic?" I questioned. "So basically he fell in love with a concept?" Riley asked. "It was doomed from the start." Maya said. "Never let me do that." Riley said. "We would kill it immediately." I reassured her. "That's what best friends are supposed to do." Maya added. "Ring power!" We all shouted, touching our rings together. "Thunder!" Maya shouted. "Lightning!" Riley shouted. "Rain!" I shouted. Shawn pulled our hands back down.

"So where's Angela now?" Riley asked. "I don't know. I tried to make it work." Shawn replied. "But you couldn't commit?" Maya questioned. "No. You know, people have it all wrong about me. I-I was all in. She's the one who left. I got left." Shawn told us. I nodded. "Yeah, we-we get a lot of that too." I told him. "Who's on your list?" Maya asked. "Mother, father, girlfriend." Shawn listed. "Wow. What is it with us?" I asked. Spending time with Shawn reminds me of how much we all have in common. Shawn chuckled. "What is it with us?" Shawn repeated. Riley suddenly stood up.

"Window! Window right now!" Riley shouted. Maya and I stood up. "Not you." Riley said, pointing to Maya. "But it's my birthday." Maya reasoned. "Yeah, I know." Riley said. She turned around and pointed at Topanga. "You." She said. "Really?" Topanga asked. "And you!" Riley shouted, pointing at Cory. "Oh, boy!" Cory cheered. The three Matthews' left to go to Riley's bedroom. "Dylan, you coming?" Riley asked. "Oh! Coming!" I shouted. I ran into Riley's bedroom.

~~~~

We were all now sitting in Riley's window. "Okay, I have heard all of the stories. But tell me the truth, mom. When you guys were our age, was dad really that good at schemes?" Riley asked. "Schemes?" Topanga asked. "You know, rackets, scams, pulling stuff on people, changing their lives." I finished. I still have no idea what Riley was planning. "Cory Matthews was the best there ever was." Topanga said. "Why?" Riley asked. "Well, because when he believes in something, his will is stronger than anybody's." Topanga replied. "I'm retired." Cory told us.