Six: Jail

Now

Michael didn't think he would be spending his first day back to Sydney in a jail cell. He was the only one in a cell and he was sat on the floor just blankly staring at a wall.

He basically beat the hell outta Ashton and when they got off the plane the police were waiting there for him. Ashton was taken to a hospital and Calum was left alone confused.

"Ay kid?" He looked over at the officer that was standing on the opposite side of the bars.

"You have someone you can call?" Michael frowned and shook his head. The man sighed and looked around before leaning against the bars and staring at the sad boy.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" Michael once again shook his head and just closed his eyes and had a overwhelming feeling. Like he could just break down at any moment but he decided to be strong and not let it get to him.

The phone rang and the guard rushed over and immediately picked it up.

"Police stat---" the man stopped and listened and immediately looked over at Michael.

"Yeah he's here." Michael looked over and watched the man listen to the person talking on the other line.

"He got into a fight with his bandmate an a plane. It got pretty bad I know the kid was sent to the hospital but--"

"Yeah he's fine. He's got a bruise or two." The man nodded a few more times and said okay and then hung up.

"Who was that?" Michael asked and the officer sighed.

"They asked me not to tell you until they get here." And then he walked off. Who would bail him out of jail? Everyone hates him at the moment.

So he waited and let his eyes slip shut cause he was absolutely exhausted.

*

"Come on kid your bail was paid." Michael shot his eyes opened and stood up at the loud sound of the gate being opened.

"Will you guys please tell me who bailed me out now?" The guy pointed over to the exit and Michael completely froze when seeing the one person he thought he'd never see again.

Luke.

"Here is your stuff from the plane." The man said and handed him his gym bag along with his suitcase. Michael however was in to much shock to see the person he loved standing there.

Luke didn't look happy to see him. He looked furious.. Now Michael saw the faint outline of a bruise mark on Lukes cheek. The makeup artist covered up his bruise for the VMAs.

"Let's go. I'm driving you to your parents house." Luke mumbled and Michael didn't say anything except for grabbing his bags and following him out to the car.

When Luke started driving and pulled away it was silent. The tension was thick and Michael was afraid to even move thinking he would make another mistake.

"Why did you beat up Ashton?" Luke asked and Michael wanted to laugh. Was he being serious?

"Because I know what he did." Luke tensed up slightly.

"What are you talking about?" Michael scoffed.

"What happened before we went on for the VMAs." Luke's eyes brimmed with tears but he didn't let them fall.

"Oh." Michael just stayed quiet. There was so many emotions he was going threw he couldn't even thing straight.

"Is it true?" Luke was hesitant, but he nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me Luke?!" Michael asked and Luke stayed silent. He was to afraid to tell Michael cause he knew this would happen. He would beat the shit outta Ashton so bad. He didn't want trouble.

"I was scared." Michael just felt his eyes get watery and he looked out the window.

"Is it true that you're with someone else?" Luke pulled the car into michaels driveway and stopped and looked at Michael.

"Yeah." Michaels heart shattered.

"O-Okay." He said and got out of the car into the pouring rain. It was like the weather matched how he was feeling. His tears blend in with the rain.

He grabbed him suitcases from Luke's trunk.

"Michael!" Luke called as he jumped out of the car. But Michael just closed the drunk and walked towards his house.

"Michael stop!" He stopped in his tracks and sniffled. Luke stood in front of him causing him to look up.

"You don't have a right to get upset over this Michael. This is all your fault!" Luke lectured. Michael knew it was his fault. You shouldn't have came up with the dare in the first place.

He hated himself for it.

"I know." Michael admitted.

"Then why are you crying?" Because he fucked up! He wanted to scream it but he couldn't cause he felt hopeless.

"Thanks for bailing me out." Michael said and the walked past him but Luke grabbed him by his hand causing him to stop.

"Wait.." Luke said. Michael just wanted to go inside and sleep. He wanted to sleep! He wanted to be alone so he could just cry and hate himself.

"Go with your boyfriend Luke. I wanna be alone okay?" Michael snapped. Luke finally let some tears fall. He wasn't ready for this. He didn't want to let Michael go.

"I fucked up my band. I ruined my best friends face cause I beat him to hell. My other best friend hates me, and my boyfriend dumped me because I'm such a stupid ass and he found someone else that is better. I want this to get to me.. So I want to be alone. I-If I continue i-ignoring this then I'll break down and do s-something stupid." Michael spluttered out as he let out a sob. Luke knew he messed up. He was still so furious with the boy.

"You shouldn't be alone Michael!" Luke cried out and Michael shook his head.

"I should. I deserve it." Luke felt his heart break for Michael. He loved Michael so much and he knew he messed up but nobody should hate themselves this much.

"Please be with someone that makes you happy. Not someone who causes you unhappy tears." Michael whispered and wiped Luke's tears with the pad of his finger.

And one last time and he smashed his lips against Luke's and they kissed for a few seconds before Michael pulled away and ran into his house.

THIS IS SO SAD I CRI