Voidhawk - Redemption

Start from the beginning

            Sinjin gasped yet again, then shook his head, denying that his own youthful body trembled with its need for her. “I don’t want to bed you,” he whispered, putting words to feelings he could not believe. He knew his end would come that way if he gave in, but even that knowledge did not stop the ache he felt at denying himself.

            “You are young,” she said, studying him carefully. “Young and virile. I don’t believe you, but I am bound by your words.”

            He nodded. “I mean it… I don’t want that. I… I’m a Prince, the third son of my father and fourth born..”

            “What power does a Prince need?” She asked, staring at him and trapping his gaze within her own depthless black orbs.

            “Power… I’m… I mean, I need…” He hesitated again, losing himself in her gaze. She smiled and licked her lips lewdly, then she turned her head to look around the summoning chamber he had called her in.

            “Is this your room, Princeling?” She asked him.

            Sinjin shook his head. “These are the rooms of our magician. He is with my father as an adviser. They’re gone, to Fararmyr, discussing treaties.”

            She smiled and looked back at him, trapping him in her gaze again. “I thought as much, the circle of protection is too well done to have been inscribed by someone so inexperienced as you. Tell me Princeling, have you even bedded your first maiden? Stolen your first kiss?”

            Sinjin’s eyes widened and his cheeks colored. Volera chuckled in her sinister tone again.

            “Is that what you wish, Master, to have your pick of women?” Her tone changed, dropping to one of a servant. Her mannerisms shifted as well, making her appear submissive before him in spite of the dominatrix-like effect her only article of clothing portrayed.

            “Enough,” he grunted, digging deep within himself for the raw pit of rage that had built over the years in his belly at his perceived mistreatment. “I command you to stop taunting me! Your services are needed to grant me the strength to prove I am not worthless to my father. I wish to be the favored son. The others, those who fate granted the boon of being born before me, they must die!”

            Volera straightened. She looked at him, all pretense and guile gone. “What will you give me, Princeling?”

            “I’m your Master!” Sinjin shouted at her. “You must obey me!”

            She nodded and dropped her gaze submissively. “So I must.”

            Sinjin’s eye twitched as he stared at her. Was there more to it? Was he forgetting something? He knew demons were subtle and filled with treachery, yet he had chosen a fury because they were reported to be more straight to the point. They possessed the deadly beauty of a succubus, but with the strength and power of a warrior demon. They took what they wanted by force if seduction alone was not enough of a tool.

            “You must release me from the circle,” she advised him, looking to the etched diagram in the floor.

            “You’re not going to kill me, are you?” He asked, suddenly uncertain of his actions.

            She looked at him and smiled. “Someday I might,” she said matter-of-factly. “But that may be a blessing to you. I can bring death in far better ways than those to whom you have wronged.”