5. Planning for a Disaster

*Beep Beep Beep Beep*

The first thing I hear waking  up is my hello kitty alarm clock. I would have chucked it in the garbage before I even used it, but it is the last thing I have of my grandma before she left us.. Anyways I think today is gonna be an amazing day, I can just feel it.

Today Becky was up on her feet feeling better which was exciting because I can tell her about my new friend. AHHH did you see he kissed me yesterday. Holy shit, I have to tell her everything!! I called her to see if she is up to meet with me.

"Hello?" Becky answered with a weird voice. As if she didn't know who I was.

"Becky? It's me Barry. Remember long time bestie? Gay one?"  I said in a bitchy way.

"Stop Barry I know it's just too early right know and it is Saturday. Just let me wake up ok."

"Fine but can we meet up today I have to tell you something important!!" I said making sure she understand how important it was.

"Okay, okay meet me at the mall at 11. I'll call you back in a bit."

"Alright. Lovee you. See you later. Byeeeee"

"Love you too. Byee."

Right as I hung up I heard my mom yelling down that she made breakfast and was about leave for work.

"Wait mom! Could I borrow some money. I'm going
to the mall with Becky and as you can tell new shoes are calling my name" I said trying not show how excited I am.

"Barry seriously you need to get a job. You are almost 18 now and you need to start taking care of your responsibilities."

Oh mother please don't tarnish my mood right now because this is the best I have felt in years. Years!

"Here, but you promise to take Callie with you. She seemed a little sad yesterday so I need you to talk to her." She said giving me a concerning look.

I took the $70 and nodded my head. Callie sad? I didn't think that I would see the day. She is always so cheery and joyful. Hope she's alright.

I walk back up the stairs and look at Callie's door trying to prepare myself for what I should and shouldn't say. I knock quietly and she said to come in.

I slowly pushed open the door and looked at her trying to fix her hair. I grabbed the brush out of her hand and started helping her.

"Hey Cal, how are you feeling. Mom told me you weren't feeling well. You wanna talk about it?"

"I don't know, it's just school I don't want to bore you" Callie said trying not to make eye contact.

"Come on Callie, you know you can talk to me about anything. Right?"

"Yeah I know. These girls in my class make fun of me all the time and I don't know what to do."She said with a tear falling down from her dace.

Oh no, Callie has never cried before. This must have been bugging her for a really long time. "I know what will cheer you up. Want to go the mall with me and Becky. Let's get you some new outfits to show them you're a fierce queen." I said wiping away her tears.

With a smile on her face she got up and hugged me. "Thank you BearBear." I hugged her back for a couple seconds until my phone buzzed.

It's Nathan!! He's calling me. I cleared my throat and answered the phone. "Hello."

"Hey Barry, was wondering if you are free today."

I felt so hypnotized to say yes but I knew Callie needed her brother right now. "No, I'm going to the mall with Becky and my sister. I'm sorry."

"It's fine just wanted to hang with you more, it was really fun yesterday." I instantly felt my entire face flush with red and Callie's facial expression kind of made it obvious.

"I have an idea you can come with!! You can meet Becky and my sister. What do you say?" I eagerly waited for his answered.

"Yeah, of course. What time?."

"11."

"Is it okay if I come pick you up?"

FUCK YESSS!!! "Yeah, sure."

"Alright, see you later Barry."

"Bye."

The biggest smile was placed on my face. Callie looked at me strangely. "What?"

"Who was that."

"A friend from school. He's coming with us to the mall."

"He? Is he your boyfriend? Tell me, tell me!!"

"Calm down Cal, jeez. I just like him a little but I don't know if he does too."

"WHEN IS THE WEDDING? CAN I BE THE FLOWER GIRL? DID YOU TELL MOM AND DAD THAT YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?" Callie said jumping up and down.

"Callie we just met yesterday there will be no wedding for a very long time."

"Hey, a girl can dream."

Hopefully this turns out okay. *Huff*