"I'm here, baby girl."

Jamie

-

I clenched my fists as I felt the plane ascended into the air, my breathing hitching as I looked out the window. The view of Seattle began to disappear into the clouds as we went into the air, myself knowing that I was leaving Tessa behind. She found the shirt that was torn off of me, the image of her running her thumb across the bloodstain. My head fell back, closing my eyes as I started to drift off. I was in between my fantasy and reality as my phone rang, vibrating in my pocket. My hand clutched the device, seeing her name flashing across the screen. I quickly turned my phone off, not wanting to hear her heavenly voice. My eyes closed once more, breathing out as I thought about the conversation I had when I was in New York.

He greeted me as I sat down, my eyes scanning how he looked as his company logo shown above him. I watched as one of his employees set a glass of water in front of me, smiling as her brunette hair fell out of her bun. She reminded me of Tessa as her blue eyes looked into mine. I looked away, noticing the color that developed across her cheeks. My head turned down to the desk, feeling the papers as I piled them into a neat stack. "James, how have you been?" I breathed out before answering him, telling him about Tessa. He sat back in his chair, listening to me. "Have you wondered why I wanted to meet you, again, James?" I shook my head, looking up to him as he stared me down. He had the same grey eyes that mirrored mine and Tessa's, something that I've noticed since we met earlier in the year. "Something that I haven't told anyone, even my second wife, is going to be revealed to you. I haven't revealed anything to anyone in years, James." I sat up in my chair, not wanting to show him my tired self. "Before my first wife and I departed, we had a child," he confessed to me. I arched my eyebrow, wanting to know more about his confession. "Her name was Catherine Rose Montgomery." I've heard that name before. "She ran away after the birth of our child, every part of her wiped away in a flash. I never forgot about that night when I found her things gone," he looked away.

"What's your child's name," I asked him.

He looked at me before saying the name that I was most terrified of, "Theresa."

Tyler led me into the hotel, my eyes looking around the grand building. I could feel my heart beating faster as I thought about what happened in New York, knowing that there was a possible chance that Tessa would be his daughter. Once we reached my room, Tyler went to another one with the other guards. I flicked on the light to the room, breathing out as I began to untie the tie from my neck. Her image flashed into my mind, haunting me with the thought of this tie around her wrists. I inhaled sharply, unbuttoning my shirt. My feet traveled across the room, my eyes gazing outside to the world. I could see the people walking across the streets with their bags, how confined they are with their lives. It struck me as I thought about the last time I was happy in my life, the fear of anyone knowing my true feelings for Tessa breaking me down during the past years. I needed her.

My eyes closed for a moment, letting the rays of sun touch my exposed skin. I could feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, waking me up from my daydream. My eyes looked at the screen, seeing her name flashing across my screen. I inhaled sharply, sliding my thumb across to decline her call. It pained me as I turned the device off, my body turning around so I could see my reflection in the mirror. She changed me. I could see the lines that formed whenever I would constantly smile; the emotion that I had deep inside whenever I would see her. My heart would beat faster as she would inhale when I pushed her against the wall, my ears perking up as I heard the silence between us. I closed my eyes again, seeing her shocked face as her eyes gazed across the bloodstained shirt. That look in her eyes felt like someone shoving a pair of shears in my back, the equivalent of her not even knowing me.