THAT EPIC MOMENT WHEN YOU THINK A NIGHT CAN'T GET ANY BETTER

CHAPTER 58: MASON

10 missed calls, 4 messages.

<Ben>

What the fuck!

<Ben>

Shut it down now

<Ben>

I want you and all your crap out before I get back.

<Ben>

I've got someone coming over to get everyone out.

"This is in no way awkward," Emma told me as she tried to pull herself out of the window, pushing with one leg against the wall, her bum up in the air. I waited a second before going in with what ended up being a feeble hoist of her foot as she pulled it through.

"That's for the help," She mocked, turning to look back down at me.

I pulled myself up, trying to make it look simple, then pausing half way so she felt better. Once up I helped pull Zack's girl Daniela through, but she seemed to have it sorted, twisting and maneuvering through the small space. Some of us had come up to escape the dense weed smoke of the room, the heat had engulfed the whole place. Cigarette embers mapped the groups still sitting on one side of the ramp, a couple of guys still skated back and forth. The speaker was no longer going up here, which was for the best. The dull thud of the bass was loud enough as it is.

We took in the view over by the edge, sucking in the crisp open air. Zack bopped around, drumming on his jeans, Daniela looked straight, she was the good girl that he deserved, working his ass off and turning down four million bucks. Emma accidently kicked a pile of cans and cups, picking them up and placing them in a pile.

"You heard HudMo play before?" I asked.

"Um. Yeah, I think so. I need to listen to more of his stuff. He sounds great."

"He's awesome. Still looks about nineteen. So fucking talented. He is like Kanye's secret weapon. His next solo album is out in a couple months. You know he did loads of the production work on the Yeezus album, it almost killed him, worked so hard he ended up in hospital."

"Yeah, and you owe me for that hookup." She said.

"HudMo. What? Doubt it. What did..."

"No. Dork. Darnell. Who do you think invited him and Vince along?"

"Oh. Yeah," I said, "Well, let's see if it comes to anything."

"What! Best make something of it? All on you now." She smiled.

She walked over to a group sitting by the edge, looking out towards the city skyline.

"It's better from over here," I said. Jumping over the barrier and onto the next building, "That ugly building isn't in the way."

"Mase, let's head back down, want to check the rest of his set." Zack said.

"We'll catch you guys up, be down soon."

When we made it out of sight and round to the corner viewing spot I stopped, she was taking her time but finally arrived next to me. "I'll never get tired of this view." She said. The light grey haze had started to eat away at the darkness, about to give way to the off yellow of sunrise.

"Yeah. You having fun?" I asked.

"Of course. We should get back down there. Don't want to miss anything." She stretched her arms up in the air.

"I guess so."

"Tired?" She smiled. "Plenty of time to rest tomorrow."

"I'd rather not think of tomorrow, let's just within tonight for now."

I resolved to not leave the roof without kissing her.

We stood close, the air between us hung still with a fly or die mentality. Her shoulder closest to me seemed to be dropped a little, that was surely an invitation.

"Glad you guys all came along, great to see you again. Have you thought about what I said?"

"Just stop. Stop talking ok?"

"I'm just going to make it clear," I paused. "I'm into you, I don't care if it's awkward."

"Why? Because you ask all my friends for their numbers?" She smiled.

"Enough with that." I said, stepping in front of the view, I promised myself - no regrets tonight. I placed a hand on her hip, taking in her eyes for a quick second before leaning in, hovering for a second to make sure, then catching her lips.

She opened her mouth and brought her tongue out over mine. I pulled her in a little closer, she swapped her head to the other side, I opened my eyes for a second and just as I closed them again I caught a glimpse of her opening hers. Stumbling a little and she twisted to escape the awkward angle.

"You looked pretty good up there tonight." She said.

I pulled her in and she laughed a little as I pushed her backwards, held her up for a few stumbling steps before I felt the roughness of the wall on my palm - I cushioned her slightly as we crashed against it. Every bit of me felt hard, a full body erection ready to make the most of the situation.

She looked straight at me, the crispness of her eyes seemed to light up her face, they face said she was cool with it all, at least that's how it read them.

"Someone will see us." She said, running her hand across my waist.

"Why. You a screamer? No one will see us."

She slammed her hand down on my chest, laughed and shock her head it a motion that she couldn't believe what she was doing. "There is no way we are going to do this here."

I cut her off by hoisting her higher, the soft skin of her thighs in my hands.

"My place is a little full at the moment," I said as I went at her neck, "Unless you want to put on some kind of show."

"Shutup. Dickhead."

She pushed her mouth back on me, her hips locking in, showing me she was ready to go - but wanted me to run it. She threw one of her arms up, a light stubble of her underarm. My hand slipped up under her, bringing her skirt with it - catching every curve as she moved, not wanting any of her energy to escape.

This night could not get any better, everything was coming together – a new era in a city that didn't give a shit about you but will sing if you tickle it just right.