Chapter 44. Careless.

Start from the beginning

Suki's POV.

''Are you sure you don't want to come along, Sakura?'' I asked, and she shook her head, handing me my bag as stood by the gates. She had been looking rather sad since she came back, and I knew something was bothering her. I didn't ask, just like I didn't ask Naruto. They'd just tell me if they wanted to.

''Well then.'' I sighed. ''I'm off. Bye.''

Sakura waved, as I turned around and left Konoha. I've seen assigned to this mission to meet a messenger from Sunagakure and hand him the scroll Tsunade gave me. I don't know why she chose me, but I didn't mind.

I tensed up when I heard the rustling of the leaves somewhere behind me, and looked over my shoulders, ready to activate my Sharingan.

''It's just me.''

''Kaira..?''

Kaira chuckled. ''I see you still walk around freely. Not caught yet?''

I glared at her and raised an eyebrow. ''You expected me to get caught? Nice sister I have.'' I grumbled. ''And what are you doing here? Do you want to get seen again?''

Kaira frowned. ''Again?'' she muttered. ''Whatever. You better be grateful I'm here, because of..'' Kaira put her hand in a pocket and took out a small box. ''This.''

I looked from the box back to her. ''And 'this' is exactly what?''

''The cure.''

Cure? She doesn't mean.. Looking at her questioningly, Kaira nodded. ''Izuna and I got one too after mom did. I was pretty lucky you left the village the moment I came to bring this to you though.''

Taking it from her, I put it in the bag. ''Thanks.''

Kaira smiled genuinely, and I couldn't help but smile back. It's been some time since I saw her smile like that.

Kaira suddenly moved forward and I gasped once she pulled me into a hug. ''Stay safe..''

''Wha-mpff.'' I was cut off when Kaira pressed the palm of her hand against my mouth, silencing me. ''Hush.'' Looking around her, her Sharingan activated. ''Someone's nearby.''

The one from Sunagakure? This early and already this close to Konoha? Before I could say anything to Kaira, the hand disappeared and I looked around me.

She was gone.

Kaira's POV.

''Where were you?'' Sasuke asked as I entered his room and closed the door behind me. ''I can tell you're exhausted by the way you're breathing.''

He already had good eyes to notice everything with when I tried to hide something, but he also has good ears. ''Just running an errand.'' I answered. ''It was just pretty far away.''

''Where?''

I knew Sasuke wouldn't be happy with the answer, but that guy did just know when I lied and when I spoke the truth, so lying wouldn't help me at all, it would just make things worse in this case. ''Konoha.'' They very town was his birthplace and hometown, and now it's the town that he wanted to destroy so very badly. He would have if Pein didn't do it first.

''What were you doing here?'' I knew he was slightly enraged when he raised his voice a little.

''Like I said.'' I sighed as I sat down on his bed. ''Running an errand.''

Sasuke grunted and walked at me. I was surprised how he was able to walk over here without falling. It must be hard to get used to seeing nothing, but I guess he knew where everything was in his room.

I was about to stand up, but was pushed back by Sasuke, who was now hovering over me. His bandages had fallen off and I was now staring into two black orbs. His eyes were squinted, and I could tell they hurt by the sudden amount of light by the way he gritted his teeth. ''What were you doing there?'' he grunted as he covered his eyes with one hand, still using the other one for support.

''I had to give something to Suki.'' I muttered. ''You didn't have to get so pissed. Don't you trust me?''

''I do trust you.'' Sasuke replied. ''It's just.. If you were to get caught.. I'm sure they are doubting Suki now. If they saw you with her, you could not only have been attacked yourself, but you'd also have given Suki away. You're strong, but not strong enough to fight a whole village.''

My eyes widened. I hadn't even thought about that yet. How stupid of me. That's why Suki was so surprised. I totally forgot she was the spitting image of me. Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi saw me, and they knew Suki. Suki was alright when I saw her, so I guess they didn't do anything to her, but they will be suspecting her!

''Sorry.''

Sasuke carefully opened one of his eyes, and I saw a slight frown on his face.

''Sorry.'' I repeated. ''I wasn't thinking.''

Sasuke sighed. ''Idiot.''