Let's Go Shopping

Start bij het begin

"Come on beautiful. You do have to be back by art right?" He asked grinning. I just chuckled and walked with him. His hand found it's way into mine within seconds. We walked in and were greeted by a strange mixture of garlic and fish.

"Hi and welcome to Marlin's. Table for two?" The shorter, tan blonde scanned over the two of us smiling. Her eyebrow arched a bit once she saw our hands though. She grit her teeth but beamed a smile of perfect teeth.

"Yes please." Danny said with a smirk, dropping my hand and sliding it around my waist pulling me closer to him. I blushed again and tried to pry his hand off discreetly. I eventually gave up as we made our way to a table. Thankfully the seats were facing one another so I could breathe out of his grasp. As we sat she placed two menus in front of us.

"The special today is Lobster Mac and Cheese and the soup of the day is New England clam chowder. What could I get you to drink to start off with?" She asked pulling out a pad and pen.

"I'll take a Coke, Mel?" He answered turning to me.

"Um, I'll just take some water please." She nodded and wrote both drinks down.

"I'll be back with that." She said batting her lashes at Danny. He rolled his eyes and then averted his attention to me.

"So prom is Saturday. Have you gone shopping yet?" My eyes widened, it was Wednesday.

"Funny story. I need to talk to Addison." I said sheepishly, I had honestly forgotten. He grinned.

"Why don't we go shopping together?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows. I shook my head a little.

"Yeah no. The least I can do is knock your socks off." I said laughing a little. He sat back and huffed like a child.

"I GUESS that's worth it. Although I'm sure whatever you wear will wind up on a floor." I gasped a little but Blondie came back with our drinks. I couldn't help but notice that she had undone another one of her shirt buttons. I rested my elbow on the table and covered my grin with my hand. She set Danny's drink down in the middle of the table so she could lean in a bit. She set mine right in front of me, almost slipping it. Every ounce of her attention directed towards Danny. I rolled my eyes but watched the scene unfold before my eyes.

"Have you figured out what you would like to eat yet sugar?" She asked leaning on to the table. He cleared his throat.

"Actually I would just like a large margarita pizza please." She nodded and grabbed our menus. She threw a quick wink at Danny before strutting away. Once she was out of hearing distance Danny started to laugh.

"Wow. Isn't it obvious I'm on a date here?" He asked to no one. I blushed and sipped my water. I glanced up to him and he was grinning at me.

"So what exactly is a margarita pizza?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"It's amazing chewy crust and regular tomatoes sauce with large circles of mozzarella on top. Then just a little bit of basil on top. They have their own stone pizza oven here." I grinned practically drooling.

"So about that dress?" He asked and I dramatically rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. That is if I even find a dress ad I doubt you're going to even get close." I said back.

"Is that a bet?" He asked and I face palmed.

"I don't think so."

"Whatever you say sweet cheeks." Soon enough the pizza came.

"Are you ready for an amazing pizza?" He asked giddy. I couldn't help the smile on my face at his excitement.

"Sure." I said chuckling at him. He gave us each a piece and he watched as I was about to take a bite. I paused, blushing yet again. Damn you face.

"What?" I asked lowering the pizza.

"I have to see your face when you taste it." I rolled my eyes but let him creepily stare on. I took a small bite, the cheese staying connected between my lips and the crust itself. I looked up and Danny sat there watching me happily like a little kid. The cheese finally broke and fell to my chin. I set the pizza down and put the string in my mouth happily.

"Totally the best pizza ever right?" He asked taking a bite himself. I grinned and picked up my slice again.

"Point taken." I said taking a bite.

We finished eating with light conversation, then hurried back to school.

"The only reason we might be late is because she just HAD to slip you her number." I mumbled, my head in my hands at a stop light.

"Jealous much? I can't help that the ladies love me." He said with a cocky grin as he sped off. I just cocked an eyebrow in his direction as he glanced over to me.

"Come on I won't let you be late." He said as he patted my thigh and rested his hand there. I hummed Don't by Ed Sheeran trying to calm my nerves. Danny sped up a bit and sped into a parking spot at school a bit faster than advised but we were on time. He rushed out and came to my door opening it for me. We rushed into school and I headed towards art, Danny by my side.

"Thanks for lunch, it was fun." I said as I neared class.

"Me too. Thanks for coming." I nodded and was about to head into class when he spoke up.

"I'll call you later." "You don't have my number." I said grinning over my shoulder, he cocked an eyebrow and grinned at me but walked off to his class. I sat down with my drawing next to Addi when my phone went off.

From; The sexiest prom date a girl could have

'You sure about that?'

I grinned and typed a fast reply after I fixed his contact.

To; Danny

'Okay first my keys, then my phone? I have art to make dude'

I clicked send then shoved my phone in my bag. I turned to Addi who already had a small caddy of colored pencils. I scooted my chair up and began coloring my flower. I grabbed a lime green and started on the stem and larger flowers.

"So you and Adam ARE going to prom right?" I asked

"Duh." She said in an obvious tone.

"Well you want to go shopping after school?" I asked.

"I mean Adam normally drives you home so you could just hitch a ride with me." I said quickly looking up. She just looked up and grinned.

"Totally. We haven't hung out in a while, this will be so much fun!" She exclaimed clapping a little. Addison for as long as I have known her, which has been a while, has loved shopping. She came form a wealthier family so I guess it came a bit naturally. We go to work. I grabbed a dark orange and red and started on the middle if the flower. I brought the red out onto the larger petals about mid way then started working in some grey. I colored the petals until there was only a small portion of the tip left and then faded it in to black. I grabbed a darker green and blended it into the stem and large leaves. I was finished coloring so I shuffled through my pencil case and found a black, white, and grey sharpie. All thin tip. In black I traced lace on the stem and leaves. On the black tips of the petals I started with white lace then worked it in to grey , then white towards the center. The bell rang but stayed put for a few extra minutes finishing some extra details. Finally finished I turned in my paper to Mrs. B. She took it and looked at it for a moment.

"Very nice Melanie. It's beautiful." I grinned.

"Thank you." She nodded and I walked out with Addi's arm looped in mine. She turned her head and looked at me smiling.

"Let's go shopping."

A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright EARLY UPDATE. I have decided i am going to try to update every Wednesday. Mark my words this will be hard as i can only write at night. Annnnnnnnnd I'm tired all the time so THIS WILL WORK I SWEAR. I can do this, we can do this. Thanks so much for reading. Please comment and vote! Have a wonderful day, night, evening, lunch hour you beautiful (and, or handsome) human!