Tangled

Behati POV

I really like Adam and dating him these past few weeks has been a blast but I have a feeling everyone hates me. Obviously no one's said so to my face but I just have this sense that I'm destroying my relationships with the rest of the models by dating Adam. Candice is snappy with me, Alessandra doesn't participate in our conversations and Anne, I'd love to say she yells at me and slaps me, so everyone can see her anger. But it's worse. So much worse.

She won't pick up the phone. She won't answer the door even if she sees me looking at her. And at photoshoots she just completely blanks me. The only other time she's ever done anything similar was when one of the make up artists called her a "fat whore" by "accident".

How I became so tangled in this mess is beyond me. But I need to smooth things out with her. I called Lily over - I can always count on her through shitty situations.

As soon as I had opened the door, I slung my arms round her.

Lily: Woah, calm down. What's the emergency?

Behati: I can't take it anymore. I need Anne to forgive me. Then maybe the other girls can start to forgive me too.

Lily: Okay then. Well I suggest breaking it off with Adam.

I froze. Deep down I knew should but I didn't want to.

Behati: You're kidding right? I finally get the man of my dreams and you're telling me to break up with him.

Lily: You've been dating for not even month. How can he be the man of your dreams.

Behati: I've always admired him. And I was really jealous when Anne was dating him. It feels good to be where she was.

Lily: I suppose I can't argue with that. You just need to keep apologising. Or do some sort of grand gesture. I think she has some sort of obsession with British awards. Don't get me started. She just likes how they're so much different to American ones. Maybe you could take her to one. Little expensive but...

Behati: Lily, you're a fucking genius. I love you. I think there's the Brits coming up soon. I'll take her to that.

Once Lily had left I went online and booked a private jet for the flight there. I wanted to take the girls and Adam, so everyone could adjust to the idea. I think it was working. Candice said she'd come and she's normally really stubborn. But now was the dreaded phone call.

I searched through my phone and found Anne. She didn't pick up so I left a voicemail.

Behati: Hi Anne. I know you're pissed at me - I get that. But if you'd let me explain maybe you wouldn't be. Anyway, I thought we could talk about it on the way to England. I got us tickets to the Brits next week. I thought you'd like to come. I've also invited Lily and everyone so. Please, just respond.

Surprisingly, she did.

A few hours later I received a text from her.

Anne (text): Fine. I'll come. I presume we're flying from LAX but text me the rest of the details. Btw I'm only coming because the others are going. I don't forgive you and I don't think I ever will.

That final part hurt but I was just too thrilled that she responded. I finally felt like was making progress. My friends had clearly started to see past this and I think Anne was adjusting to the idea. But only trip could tell.

London, here we come...