New Love

Adam POV

We left my house hand in hand. Butterflies were tingling around inside of me because I knew that people (Anna) would be judging me. We walked alone Hollywood boulevard and stopped of at a local cafe. Paparazzi were snapping pictures of us but we remained glaring at each other.

We left together, coffee in one hand, her in my other. Walking down the road, I caught a few glances from some people - and by people I mean paparazzi. They were taking pictures of us and were yelling at us questions upon questions.

"So are you sure you're still friends?"

Someone said.

"Has this been going on since that kiss?"

Another person added on. I just ignored all comments made. Except one:

"So what do you think Anna will say?"

Me and Behati turned to face each other. We knew that what we had done was wrong and I did feel sorry for Anna, I really did but I didn't want to let go of Behati and she didn't want to let go of me. I stuck my middle finger up at them as we walked off into the opposite direction and into my car. We drove into the distance in silence, but I'm not sure if it was uncomfortable or fitting.

Behati POV

We had been driving for around half an hour before Adam had said anything.

Adam: You okay?

Behati: Yeah sure

Adam: Really? You don't sound so sure.

Behati: No honestly.

Adam: I mean, what the fuck, we got nothing to lose.

Behati: You maybe. You'll still have millions of fans and amazing friends. My friends will all hate me for being such a bitch. And Anna. I might have lost Anna forever.

Adam: I have lost Anna as well though.

I pulled my hand away from his Lap and sat up rather than having my head on his shoulder.

Adam POV

Shit. How do I explain my way out of this?

Adam: Well-well, it's just, um...

I gulped. My mind was racing with different excuses I could say.

Behati: it's just what?

Staring at me with her gorgeous grey eyes, I just huffed.

Adam: Nothing. She was just such a good friend. And miss what we had.

Behati calmed down instantly. She wasn't furious, more sympathetic. She wrapped her arm around me and kissed my check.

Behati: You're still in love with her, aren't you?

Yes.

Adam: No, of course not. But I do still have feelings.

Behati POV

As Adam started pouring out his problems onto me, I tried to seem supportive. He rested his head on my shoulder and I held him close. But why Anna? Why? Why can't he be pining over me? Why can't I be the reason he can't sleep at night.

Letting go of his hand, I lifted up his head in my hands.

Behati: Listen to me. You have two choices. A: stay sad and pathetic like a little girl or B: get yourself back out there. Your Adam fucking Levine. You can have any girl you want.

I said any girl but what I really meant was me. We stared at each other and he stared to cheer up. Then we kissed. Softly. Then we looked at each other again. We knew that we were right for each other, just maybe not right now. That wasn't stopping us though. We kissed again but more passionately. Undoing my front buttons he pushed me back against the window.

Behati: I can't do this.

I pushed him away but I wanted to pull him in.

Adam: What? But, I thought?

Behati: You're still obsessed with Anna. And I think you do need a rebound. But I don't want that rebound to be me.

Adam: Bee, wait.

He grabbed my hand as I started to get out of the car. I sat back down.

Adam: I understand what you're saying, but first

He grabbed the back of my head and kissed me.

Adam: Goodbye, bee.

I was frozen. I couldn't move. I knew I should have got the hell out of there, but I didn't. I couldn't.

Behati: Drive.

Adam: But what you said about rebound...

Behati: I don't care. Just hold my hand, and drive.

And off into the sunset we drove