Chapter 1

April 23, 1832

Journal,
I have met the one whom my heart desires. The one whom I yearn for. She has the most beautiful hair and her eyes remind me of a pool of crystal clear water.
Never have I beheld such beauty. Jade. Her name rings like a bell in my ears. She knows nothing of who I am. Who I really am. Francesca doesn't think a relationship with a human is good for me since I can't stay away from blood. Her blood I must say, is quite rare. She must have some kind of supernatural ancestors because I'm drawn to her blood. I'm trying to restrain from feeding on her but it's very difficult. I talked to her yesterday and she's as charming as she looks. Innocent and ignorant.
••••••••••••••••••••••

Present day.
Scarlet
"Could you go any faster Monroe?" I asked.

"Scarlet you need to calm down." Monroe said rolling his eyes.

"I'm late for my first day in senior year, I cannot calm down" I grumbled.

"You are not that late" he said as he pulled into the school parking lot.

"Bye" I said as I got out.

I ran into the hallway and took a deep breath. Thankfully everyone was still outside. I wasn't so late.

"Scarlet!!!" I heard someone shout from across the hall.

Running up to me with a stack of books under her arm and her red hair in a mess was my best friend Maisie.

"Maisie " I shrieked hugging her as her books fell to the floor.

"Oh great" she said bending over to pick the books.

" How was Germany?" I asked.

She had gone to Germany for the holidays to visit Frau Pairh. Her grandmother.

"Boring!" She said "there were a lot of interesting places but grandma just complained and nagged everywhere we went"

"We're going to be late for class if we don't move" I said laughing as the bell rang.
••••••••••••••
Soon it was lunchtime and Maisie and I went to the cafeteria.

"Do they make anything better than this sloppy thing?" Maisie asked playing with her food.

"I'm not even eating this shit" I said pushing my plate away.

"Whoa. Who is that hottie?"  Maisie asked staring wide eyed at someone behind us.

I turned and saw a boy with brown hair. He had biceps the size of watermelons and the most glamorous smile I have ever seen.

"He looks like he came out of a movie " Maisie said dreamily.

" Is he coming here?" I asked panicking as he strutted over to us.

"Um...hi" he said nervously.

" Hey dreamboat" Maisie said twisting her hair around her fingers.

" Um... I'm new here and I just want to know where the office is" he said.

" I'll take you" I said quickly.