5 Reasons Why It's Great To Be INFP

I am an INFP. That's Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Below are five reasons why it's great to be INFP. These aren't based on any kind of formal analysis. They are simply based on my life experience as an INFP.

If you are an INFP, you may often feel as if you are swimming against the current, as if you tend to see the world differently than many other people. And maybe you've also wished that you could just "be like everyone else." Take some time to appreciate your own unique qualities that you possess. And remember what they say (whoever "they" are): it takes all kinds. :)

5 Great Qualities of the INFP

Your Vivid Imagination - The ability (and the desire) to sit for long periods of time and imagine things is a favorite INFP pastime. This might make you a good storyteller. Or, you may have a vision of the world, or of your community, or of some aspect of life that you think it is worthy of working towards. Just because you see it in your mind doesn't mean it will automatically come to pass one day, but having a vision of what could be makes you a powerful force if you choose to act upon it. Just remember, what's in your mind and what actually is will never quite match, but you can keep working on getting them as close as possible.

Your Depth of Feeling - You feel things a little more intensely than other people. This can be a painful, as events and circumstances that other people wouldn't notice, the INFP is bothered by. But it can also be a wonderful thing, as the little moments of joy in life don't pass unnoticed. You may think of yourself as being too sensitive, but, really, you are acutely aware and perceptive of the way it feels to Live, and this makes your experience of life very rich.

Your Relationships - Your desire for connection with other people is very strong. The connections you build have depth to them. You are a very good "bonder." You are also an excellent friend to have, and despite your (probably) quiet demeanor, many people find it very pleasant to be around you. You make them feel peaceful, but they are not sure why.

Your Perception of the World - You are an observer. A very acute observer. And, things that other people miss, you tend to see. This knowledge of Life at a very subtle level makes you aware of the nuances of living. You can see the experience of life at it's depths. Being an "observer" is often considered to be not as important as being a "doer," but your observations are one of your very best gifts. Make sure you share them with others in some way.

Your Dedication to What You Love - You don't like to do things that you don't love. This can be painful when you feel like you have to. But, it can also keep you searching when others would have given up. And when you do find something you love, you put your soul into it. There is nothing for you that doesn't involve love. So keep looking.

Imagination rules the world. - Napoleon Bonaparte

Any INFPs around? Agree or disagree? Have something to add?