Reunion

I stare up into Peeta's sparkling blue eyes and he stares into my grey seam eyes. I finally ask "when did you get back" "not long before I heard you scream" he says softly. "What did you dream about anyway" I start to get tears in my eyes and Peeta comes closer and sits down on my bed and lifts me up in his arms. "Shhh it's okay it's not real" "but it was real " he gently rocks me in his arms and he leans down and kisses my forehead and murmurs stuff I can't hear, I ask "what are you saying" he blushes and says "nothing". As time passes I feel my eyes drooping and Peeta gently tucks me in my bed and kisses my forehead and when he starts to leave I grab his sleeve and say "will you stay with me" he smiles and blushes and climes in next to me and pulls me up into his safe arms and says "always" I smile and here him murmur "I love you Katniss" I turn to face him and softly say "I love you more Peeta and I am not pretending anymore, I physically and emotionally can't , I love you with all my heart and it hurt so much when you were away." He has the biggest grin I have seen him have and says " I can't say how much that means to me" he leans down the same time I lean up and the kiss sends fireworks all through my body and I want more. I only ever felt this way once and that was in the quell and now there is know one stopping us. The kiss deepens and Peeta pulls me up on top of him and his hands encircle my waist and I wrap mine around his neck. It must have been forever since we started and it would of last longer if someone in the doorway would not of cleared their thought loudly and then says "well look at you sweetheart you and lover boy have patched things up" I blush and hide my head in Peeta's chest which makes both of them laugh. Peeta is totally relaxed as he asks Haymitch "what are you doing back Haymitch" "just checking to see if she is still alive " I scowl at him and say "Haymitch shut up" Peeta tips my chin up and I look into his worried eyes and he says "what happened and Haymitch out now" Haymitch staggers out and I look back at Peeta "I might have been on suicide watch for a while, when I didn't think you loved me " Peeta sighs " I will always love you ok " "always" I say softly and he gives me a soft peck and says "always , know one can make me forget my love for you" I smile and snuggle into his warmth and I feel safe again which I haven't felt for a long time.