35; pregnant mistress | Pt. 2

4 years later.

"Hey, mama!" My baby girl, Lana said.

"Hey, sweetie!" I said back. I just picked her up for school.

Life's been great, i have my babygirl with me and i've been fine. If your wondering have i spoken to August. That would be a no. I haven't seen him in 4 years.

I heard that he's getting big, to be honest, i'm really happy for him.

Lana's 4 now. Since her birthday passed, she has been asking who her father was. She said the kids at school have been teasing and messing with her because she doesn't have a father around.

I've tried to contact with August for the longest, but i couldn't. So i just gave up.

"How was school today, honey!" I said while setting her things down.

"It was fine, but the kids kept making fun of me because i don't have a daddy. I want a daddy, mommy." She said about to cry.

That broke my heart. My baby girl wants to know who her father is.

"Honey, you do have daddy. It's just that he busy, okay."

"To busy for me?" She asked me with her puppy eyes. She was August's twin!

After she said that i didn't know what to say. That broke my heart even more! I just hugged her into my chest.

-
-

Right now, we are at the grocery store shopping. I was about to ask Lana what she wanted for dinner, i looked down and didn't see her. I had a mini heart attack.

Oh no! Where's my baby?!

I started panicking and looking everywhere. "Uh, mam." Some man said.

"Yea," i turned around and saw Lana.

"Lana!" I ran to her "Don't ever scare mommy like that okay?" I said to her.

"Yes, mommy." She said hugging me tight.

"Oh thank you so much fo-" i stopped mid sentence because i realized who was.

August.

"August?" I said.

".. Yonnie??" He said.

"Uh yea it's me." I said while trying to avoid eye contact.

"This is your little girl? Wow she beautiful. Wait a minute is this our child?" He said staring at Lana.

"Yea." I said trying to turn away from him.

"Yonnie, i'm sorry for what happened 4 years ago." August said.

"Uh yeah, me too. That was kinda rude of me but did you and Keyshia work things out?" I asked him.

"Um, about that actually at first we did but eventually we lost that spark and we got a divorce." Aug.

Wow.

"I've been uh meaning to tell you this," he started. "I want to try and be in Lana's life. I missed 4 years of it." He said hopefully.

"Why are you trying now, all of a sudden?" I asked him.

"I had to do a lot of thinking-"

"For 4 years!" I basically shouted.

"I was scared okay!" He said. "I was scared that you wouldn't have let me in her life and you wouldn't take me back."

"Ya damn right, wouldn't have. But, if you came sooner yes would have you in her life. She needs a father ya know. I'm fed up on how it took you 4 years." I said in disbelief.

"You be in her life, but i don't know about us." I said to Aug looking him in the eye.

"Thank you so much, Yonnie." He said sounding so grateful.

"Lana," i called for her. " Meet yoyr daddy." I said to the little 4 year.

"Daddy?" She said looking in between us.

"Yea, daddy." I said in tears.