Chapter 6: Friendship

I had found Rosa outside of the store where I had met her. She didn't look like her usual self either. 

" Rosa!" I called. She flinched and found me. She gave me a faint smile. 
" Hello Aria," she said. Her voice was monotone. I frowned at her. 

" What's the matter?" I asked her. " You look a little bit pale today."She shook her head slowly.

" Nothing," she said. " Nothing at all." I chuckled nervously. 

" A-alright then. Do you want to go to the place down the way with me? I have to get something for Mary." Again, she shook her head. 

" No. I'm fine, please go on ahead." I nodded. I was about to go, but I then noticed some burns on her arms. 

" Rosa, what happened to your arms?" She quickly covered them and glared at me.
" Leave them alone," she growled. I flinched and left her standing there. 

                                                                                         ~

" What do you mean about that?" Jay asked at dinner. I had told them about Rosa and her burns. 

" Do you know her?" I asked him. " She's seems well-known in the area." 
" Rosa. She's the daughter of the rich woman that's at the end of the street. Though, everyone knows that woman is a bitch." Mary punched her husband's shoulder, causing him to flinch. 

" I didn't know you said things like that," Mara said. Mary had glared up at him. 
" No...he doesn't," she growled. Jay seemed a little afraid of her sometimes.

" Anyway, maybe that woman is doing somethings to her daughter," Mary said. 
" Don't say things like that," I said. " You can't think the worse of things." Mara rolled her eyes.

" Sure, and once you say that. The girl is killed in cold blood on the ground." I couldn't control myself. I just punched her. She cried out and held her shoulder. 

" What the hell is the matter with you?" she asked. 
" You have been doing this for a long time. Don't you ever think about other people besides yourself." She crossed her arms and looked away.

" I don't do anything like that," Mara muttered under her breath. Mary sighed and held her head, feeling a headache coming. " Please, not arguing tonight," she whispered. Jay quickly aided her by rubbing her back gently. 

I sighed out of frustration and left the table with the three of them sitting there. I opened the door to my room and slammed it shut. I didn't want to see anyone. Rosa had been the kindest person my age that I have met so far, and now she's like a zombie. I looked at the window that was half open in front of me. I bet if they found out that I was gone, Jay and Mary would be very upset, but I didn't care at the moment. 

I lifted the window higher and climbed outside. I needed some space away from them for now. 

                                                                                                   ~

I didn't know where I was walking. I knew I was somewhere into town, but everything was closed down it was hard to know which was which. I then pasted by some houses. Most of the lights were turned off because there were classes the next day, but one house had their lights on. Inside the house, I saw Rosa scrubbing the title floor with a sponge. 

I heard her sigh in relief as she finished cleaning. Out of no where, someone had dropped some food crumbs on the ground. There was a man in front of her, with dark brown hair and bloodshot red eyes.