The boy look thoughtful for a bit.

"What will I get, mama?" He asked innocently. Wow, he was smart.

Then Cathy roles her eyes playfully.

"I'll take you to the amusement park you've been asking to go to. But..." She trailed off.

"You have to be good for a long time." She finished. The boy nodded happily.

Hmm...

"Alright. I can handle Mrs Michelle." The boy replied, pumping a fist into the air.

Seriously, how old is this kid?

Then the woman herself came and took him with her, leaving Cathy to chuckle after them.  

I took a few more steps closer so I was now directly behind her.

"Smart kid." I complemented.

She jumped up a little, gasping and turning around too quickly. Somehow she managed to trip over her heel. And that heel wasn't even that big!

So Cathy Locket doesn't know how to walk in heels? Very amusing.

I shop out of my stance and caught her just in time before she crashed onto the hard floor. Her body felt warm in my arms. My heart skipped a beat.

I felt like holding her forever. She was so small and fragile, let alone so light. Like a feather.

Then her eyes widened and she pulled away, straightening herself up.

"You okay, Mrs Locket?" I asked her. He nodded briskly.

"Yes sir, thank you." She said.

Her lips moved sexily as she talked. I stared at them. Man, why was she so tempting?! She's my ex for goodness sakes!

So why is it so uncomfortable?

"Anyway, I want my coffee. Bring it to my office in ten." I said coldly and walked off, leaving her like that.

Gosh, in so stupid! Why was she affecting me this way? I wanted to keep staring at those captivating eyes and adorable cheeks.

And then I wanted to kiss those red little ruby lips.... God I have to get her out of my head! She is driving me nuts.

And she's married for Petes sake!!

**++**++**++**

Catherine's pov

The day went by quickly. I brought Daniel his coffee and he gave me a bunch of files to sort out. That's what I did all day.

When the clock stroke 6:00, I packed up and went to find Mattie.

I found him drawing pictures with crayons while Mrs Michelle was talking on the phone. Mostly arguing but I know better than to get in her busyness. 

When we came home, Diana was already there, making dinner. And Diana was the best at cooking and baking.

"Hello dear. Hello munchkin." She said turning around with a spatula in hand.

"Hi Diana." I greeted.

"Mama, I'm hungry." Wined Mattie, tugging on my pants.

"Baby, dinner in five." Diana ruffled his hair.

"My hair!" He wined.

"Darling, help me set the table?" She turned to me. I nodded and followed her into the dining room.

"So how was first day of work with the ex?" She asked, smirking.

"Okay. He just ordered me to get him coffee and then gave me a few files to sort out. I also took a call from some girl. She said she that's Daniel called her for some busyness." I said in disgust.

"Kathy, at you jealous?" She asked slowly, slyly. 

"What? No way! I just happened to hear moans next door." I shivered.

"Sure. Anyway, Dexter asked me out." She said excitedly.

Dexter is Diana's long time crush. He is also a nurse at the hospital. It's quite obvious they like each other.

"Oh my gosh! Really? Finally!" I yelled and hugged her.

"Whoa whoa. I have a date tomorrow at the French restaurant we went to for my birthday last year." She said with a twinkle in her eye.

"Oh I have to take Mattie to the amusement park tomorrow. I promised him." I sighed.

"Aw alone time with  your baby." She cooed.

"You used to like fairs and such."'she said.

"Yeah, but it's different now that Eric is... you know." I said sadly. Diana hugged me.

"Honey, it's time to face your fear." She stated.

"I know. It's just going to be hard without him next to me." I said.

"You'll have Mattie now." She pointed out.

"Mama, auntie, is food ready?" A voice said behind us.

"Yes Mattie. Sit in your spot." I told him. Diana chuckled and set the last of the cups and spoons on the table.