| CHAPTER 2 | Grey

©All Rights Reserved

| Natalia Romanovski |

Do you ever feel that extreme falling sensation when you are in between being asleep and awake?

I feel that right now, but it's reversed, it feels like I am being propelled forward at the speed of light and I cannot stop nor slow down.

My chest heaves with every breath I take, I feel like I am drowning in air, stuck in between the abyss of a bottomless black void and a bright white light, never being able to choose one or the other.

All of a sudden I am yanked into one that is neither darkness or light, it is a greyness that never chooses a side, it simply stands alone.

I feel like I am floating, a darkness shadows my head before it changes to a blinding bright light, I am yanked from the different shades of white back to a consciousness that feels familiar.

Am I dead?

Everything plagues my mind all at once, being thrown into the water, seeing the beautiful woman, the different shades of blue, blues that I'm pretty sure aren't on the colour spectrum.

'Are my parents okay? Are my shīt head brothers okay?'

Sobs wrack my body thinking about my family, what I left behind. I must be in Hell, I've certainly done enough to get here, I'm not even going to deny that.

My hands shake when my eyes finally crack open, blinking away the bleariness I am met with a room I have never encountered before.

This can't be Hell, life never lets me off that easy...

Panic has made my gut it's permanent home lately, I am wearing a thin dress that looks familiar, it's the same kind of dress I had seen on the movie 'Clash Of The Titans' and every other stereotypical Greek movie that Americans come up with.

Natalia looks for a weapon of any kind, one that will maim someone if they try to get in my damn way.

Grabbing the five scalpels that range in size on the counter top beside me, I get down from the bed and make my way to the door carefully.

Opening the door with clenched teeth, I peek out and make sure that no one is there. Tip-toeing on the marble floor I scan the hallway, weird paintings of creatures I have never seen before are up on the walls and Greek statues of Gods and Goddesses inhabit the wide passageway.

"Miss, excuse me Miss! Are you supposed to be wandering around the hallways?" A voice asks from behind me, spinning on my heel I turn and see a man staring back at me.

"Yes, I am! You see, I need to find the exit so if you know where that is it'd be great to give me directions." I smile sweetly at him.

"I think I'm going to have to alert King Poseidon, just stay right here." He says, staring at me warily.

Do I have to kink-shame Dimitri for having his employees call him Poseidon?

"You will do no such thing." I growl at him as I throw a scalpel in the general direction of his thigh.

I hear a cry if pain but I don't stick around to see the out come, sprinting in the other direction I frantically look for any way out of this place.