Chapter 5- My Daddy

C h a p t e r 5

O l i v i a W a l k e r

This morning, I left Caleb's house. He was crying, and he gave me 'Sofia the first' Legos. Daddy was going to pick me up. He told me I was going to his new house!

"Don't cry Caleb! Daddy said real men don't cry." I said, with my hands on my hips.

"Well, your dad doesn't know a darn thing about how to deal with people, does he?" Caleb's Daddy muttered.

We were all waiting outside their small apartment, looking down the street for my Daddy. Finally, after probably 34 years, a nice black car comes and stops in front of me.

Caleb gives me a big hug, and I hug him back. I climb into the backseat of Daddy's car, and close the door.

I feel a little bit sad, because it was pretty fun being with Caleb. 

"You okay there sweets?" Daddy asked me, looking through the car mirror.

I nodded my head.

"Yeah. But where's Mommy?" I asked him.

He didn't respond. I hate it when grown-ups don't respond to you.

"She's in a sunnier place than here." He said looking outside the window.

I looked outside too. It was raining. Hard. Where would Mommy be? Africa because it didn't rain? The houses outside looked bigger and prettier. Not the nasty old one Mommy and I lived in.

"Livvy were here." Daddy said.

I unbuckled my seat belt, and Daddy went out to open my door.

"Wow." I said.

The house was a nice light brown color. It had big glass windows. Mommy always wanted a house with big glass windows. Daddy stepped on the porch. Then he ringed the door bell. The door was opened by a woman with red hair. She smiled when she saw Daddy.

"Your back early!" She squealed.

"Oh come here child, you look like you're going to break!" She squealed again.

Was there something wrong with her voice?

Daddy smiled.

"Olivia, do you want to meet Stacey after you've eaten?" Daddy asked.

Meet Stacey? Mommy said Stacey is bad. Mommy is always right.

"Um. Okay I guess Daddy." I said.

Mommy would be mad at me if she heard what I said.

Stacey's Mom told me to follow her into the kitchen. She then told me to sit on a stool, and started to make lunch. She took two pieces of bread, smeared ketchup on them, then added lettuce, turkey and relish on it.

When I bit into it, it tasted bad. Mommy took her time on hers, even if the bread was wet and nasty. After I was done with the sandwich, I drank some milk.

"Can I watch 'Sofia the first'? I asked her.

She smiled at me sweetly.

"Of course! The t.v. room is on the other side." She said pointing to the room next door.

I said thank you and walked out to the other room.

The t.v. was the same one that Mommy and I used to have. I sat on the couch. And there was someone next to me.

"Hi." She said.

She had long red hair, and blue eyes like her mom.Stacey.

"Hi." I said back.

She looked at me, then frowned.

"You have blonde hair like my daddy." She said.

I frowned. I now understand why Mommy said she wanted to steal Daddy!

"He's my daddy!" I told her.

She was about to say something, until Sofia the first came on.

That's how the rest of the afternoon, we fought about who was Sofia.

__________________________________________________________________

Very short chapter, I know

It's more like a filler chapter.

Even as boring as it is please,

Vote,

Comment,

And share! :D

Btw, the next chapter is the last morsel of her childhood life

*sobs into tissue*

xx