Nerves

((It was literally amazing that I found this gif because the little boy if the original person of Kenneth that I imagined. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this update, sorry it's short and unedited, but AHHHH we are so close!))

Ana's POV

Each second seems to creep along slowly. I keep checking the time and to my dismay only two minutes have passed since I last checked.

"So you get to see Daddy again?" Kenneth looks up from his organizing of gummies, his favorite everyday dessert after dinner. Mindlessly I trace the rim on my cup and nod, my mind scattered on many things beside the present.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because he asked me to come back."

"To the rehabilitation place?" I place my cup down and look at my son in confusion.

"Where did you learn that word?" I knew my son was smart but as far as I know no one has told him about such things as a rehabilitation center.

"You said he was in rehab, right?" I nod. "I googled rehab to get an exact definition and the first thing to come up was drug rehabilitation and so I googled that and rehabilitation centers came up, so I assume that's where my dad is." The whole time he is explaining this I can't help but laugh.

"Well, I can assure you, your father is not in a drug rehabilitation center." I laugh and Kenneth blushes. "But, I'm going to visit him there." Kenneth has yet to see Escala so I could tell him the truth and still not cause any questions, but I'm sure he would go Google "Escala" next.

"When are you leaving?" He pops a few gummies in his mouth.

"As soon as I get you and Juliet to bed." He ponders my question for a bit before hopping off the bar stool and running around to me. He pulls me down to his level.

"Goodnight." He kisses my cheek and turns to run away. "Love you."

Before he gets too far, I grab his arm.

"What are you talking about? It's only five."

"Do you want to see him sooner or not?" Taking in his words I smile and kiss his head.

"My sweet boy." He shrugs his shoulders. "I would love to see him sooner, but it's a scheduled visit, I don't think he would be too pleased if I showed up unannounced."

"Oh. Well you can at least start getting ready now." He pulls away from me long enough to retrieve his gummies from the counter, making a pouch for them out of his shirt. "I'll go on to bed, and you don't have to tuck me in. Goodnight." I watch as Kenneth scampers up the stairs and smile. How did we get so lucky with him?

Since Child number one is taken care of, I go to check on Child number two and find her jumping in her bouncy chair sucking on some toy that looks more like a dog toy, but I never complain about it because she is always content with it.

I go to text Kate, since she insisted on helping me get ready, but before I can unlock my phone the door flies open.

"I'm here. A three hour head start wouldn't hurt." Kate says, taking off her glasses and her purse. I groan.

"We really shouldn't have given you a key."

"I can't believe it actually took three hours to get ready." I grumble while Kate and Phoebe move around me, tending to my hair and face