Family Dinner

Christian's POV

"Christian." My mom greets me at the door with a hug and kiss. I wrap an arm around her and kiss her cheek as well.

"Mother." I greet and step into the warm house.

"Dinner is almost ready. Everyone is already at the table." I nod and she leads me over there. Sure enough Mia and Elliot are sitting around the table having a merry conversation.

"Christian!" Mia is the first one up. They act like they haven't seen me in years. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." Actually, I'm not fine. I don't have my memory and I'm straining to remember even a little damn fragment of it. My sister nods and motions to the empty chair beside Grace, and across from herself.

Why do I feel like there should be...never mind.

"So, son, how has work been since getting back on your feet?" Carrick asks, folding a napkin on his lap. I do the same.

"It seems a little off kilter, especially recently. Overall, it has gone smoothly." My siblings nod. I notice a new accessory on Mia.

"Where did that come from?" I ask about the ring decorating her left hand. She looks down at it and her hand flies under the table. What the fuck? I may not be the oldest brother, even though it feels like it sometimes, but why does my baby sister have a fucking wedding ring on her finger?

"I just found it, the other day." She sounds sure of herself, but I know she is lying. I'll need to interrogate her later, but I'm not going to cause a scene. The look on her face is knowing and a little hurt.

A house worker comes around the corner holding a tray of plates. "Dinner is served."

"Dinner was great, Mother." I say as I head through the door. She gives me the narrowed eyed, pursed lip face that I find so damn annoying. She doesn't find it too pleasing when I call her Mother or Grace instead of Mom.

"Well, it was a delight to have you over again." She smiles, her aging face still giving off a youthful glow. "I hope we see you again soon."

"Of course." I nod and gave her a parting kiss. "I do have one question, Mom." She gives me permission to continue. "I can tell that most people are avoiding telling me major memories that the doctor says I should remember. Can you please tell me anything, something?" I beg.

And I don't beg.

Grace's POV

I see the desperation in my son's eyes and it pains me as a mother to not tell him. The time Teddy stuffed his first birthday cake in Christian's face is the first thing I want to tell him, although it would be best for me to lead with the fact that he is married...with four kids.

I would also want to remind him of the time at Christmas where Teddy was playing the piano, Phoebe was playing the harp, which she dropped a few years later, and beautiful Anastasia was pregnant with the twins, just starting to show. He took her in his arms and they danced. It was some of the most heart warming smiles and laughs I have ever seen on my son. Now, for the past weeks, years it feels like, there have been no smiles or laughs or courtesy phone calls between son and parent.

Oh, my Christian.

"You're happy." Christian's face morphs through many emotions I have had to watch him face over the years. All of them collide in a second. "You are beyond happy with a life almost all of us thought was never in your future." I pat his face and pull him down for one more kiss.

"You best be on your way now, Christian."

"Yes, thank you?" He questions, brows furrowing.

"Goodnight, son. I love you." He opens his mouth to speak, but makes no sound. In stead he nods stiffly and heads to his waiting car and Taylor.

Please let him remember before it's too late.

((Short, I know. Sorry. How are you guys feeling about this? Hope y'all are finding the media's cute too, most of them won't go with the chapter, I just thought they were cute))